New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    -He also got to see a Sta. Fe in the Philippines na nabangga, tanggal ang buong harap, parang nayuping lata ng sardinas. Kabanggaan, L200 pickup. Warak pati radiator. L200, nayupi lang yung stepboard sa likod. Sayang ang 1.3 million.
    i'm no expert when it comes to car crashes. but is this supposed to be the crumple zone? supposed to absorb shocks during car crashes and prevent damage to the people inside. better for the front of the car to be crumpled insted of the driver and the passengers.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007

-They suggested if you have a 600T pesos or more, go to the reliable marque especially with local versions (i.e. CKD) Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Ford-Mazda.
    Yung first three na toyota, honda and nissan eh ok. Pero pag Ford-Mazda halos magka-level lang ng hyundai yan

3. Join Date
    May 2005

-In the Philippines, as of 2007, according to CAMPI, nasa tailend ang sales ng Hyundai dito.
    Auto sales jump 16.6% to 84,050 units in Jan-Sept
    By Ma. Elisa P. Osorio
    Saturday, October 13, 2007

Auto sales climbed by 16.6 percent to 84,050 units in the first nine months of the year from a year ago level, the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers Association of the Philippines (CAMPI) and the Truck Manufacturers Association (TMA) said in a joint statement.

“The continued double-digit growth is seen to continue for the rest of the year should the economic environment remain robust,” CAMPI president Elizabeth H. Lee said.

Looking forward, Lee said the last three months of the year will be more promising for the industry.

“The last quarter will be most exciting for buyers as last quarter push to meet year-end sales target will be supported by promotions and programs to sustain momentum until year-end,” she said.

Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. remains the country’s top-seller with a market share of 39.93 percent.

It was followed by Honda Cars Philippines Inc. with a 15.11 percent share while Mitsubishi Motors Philippines was third with a 12.73 percent market share.

Data showed that there were more commercial vehicles sold than passenger cars. Sales of commercial vehicles account for 63 percent of total while the remaining 37 percent is passenger cars.

CAMPI and TMA explained that the popularity of using vehicles in business is catching up with sales of pickups, vans, and Asian utility vehicles (AUV) growing at a faster pace.

Sales of passenger cars went up to 3,892 units in September from 3,400 in August.

For the nine-month period, passenger car sales went up by 5.7 percent to 29,562 units.

“The sales for the passenger car segment still proved to be strong as it sustained its growth contributed by the arrival of stocks and active sales campaign,” Lee said.

Toyota sold the most number of passenger cars or 1,784 cornering 45.84 percent of the market while Honda sold 1,037 cars representing 26.64 percent market share. Nissan followed with a 6.99 percent share while Hyundai came in fourth with a 4.5 percent. Ford Motor Company Phils. was fifth with a 4.34 percent market share.

Commercial vehicle sales for September went up by 10.3 percent to 6,593 units from 5,975 units a month ago.

Commercial Vehicle sales continue to dominate the market with a significant growth of 23.5 percent year-on-year.

New models for the AUV segment continued to support the strong growth with a 22,776 unit sales for the Jan-September period yielding a

26.3 percent growth so far. Month-on-month sales also increased by eight percent due to fleet sales account deliveries and continuous promotional activities.

Toyota was the leader in commercial vehicle sales getting 36.45 percent of the market as it sold 2,403 vehicles. Second was Mitsubishi at 19.25 percent translating to 1,269 units sold.
    article link

Actually based on the of Jan - Sept passenger car sales figures, Hyundai is second to the bottom or 4th overall in ranking. Ford is deadlast.

-They suggested if you have a 600T pesos or more, go to the reliable marque especially with local versions (i.e. CKD) Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Ford-Mazda.
    Even less than Php 600K, a Japanese subcompact is readily available. Vios 1.3J M/T = Php 575,000 or City 1.3A M/T = Php 575,000.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I believe that they are getting the attention (and praise) that they deserve. I'm also not surprised that Korean cars in general have their own share of critics who continue to bash their credibility despite the leaps and bounds they have made in improving their brands.

Sadly, the average mindset of the pinoy is still on the japanese counterparts.

But really, nowadays it is difficult to buy a "bad car" as compared to the '80's and '90s. What used to be expensive and optional features before have now become standard in todays variants; that's the beauty of technology, as it trickles down, it becomes much easily available for all.

For me, in the end it really depends on the mindset of the driver, the real reason behind the wheel.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Para match yung laban eh Hyundai vs Ford-Mazda.

Ano pipiliin nyo? Ako sa Hyundai na.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    -with all due respect sir, mahina pa rin daw kalidad ng Korean vehicles especially in the long run based on my friends assessment. One friend of mine owns a 2006 Hyundai Matrix and a 2005 Starex..Yung isa May Kia RIo 06 at Kia Sportage. Yung Sta. Fe daw maganda talaga---ang itsura---pero di maganda ang presyo dahil mahinang clase kumpara sa mga SUV ng Japan (he drove a Sta. Fe in the States). He also got to see a Sta. Fe in the Philippines na nabangga, tanggal ang buong harap, parang nayuping lata ng sardinas. Kabanggaan, L200 pickup. Warak pati radiator. L200, nayupi lang yung stepboard sa likod. Sayang ang 1.3 million.

-Pero no doubt, maganda ang design ng Hyundai-Kia ( Maganda ang new Starex at Sta. Fe.). Yung nga lang, talo in the long run. Yung spareparts daw mahirap kasi puro CBU. So mahirap ang maintenance in the long run.

-resale value mababa. One of my friends has a 2005 Hyundai Starex. Yari sya. Makalampag na. hanap piyesa.alang makuha. Kung meron, grabe presyo. Binenta, ang baba daw ng presyo nung nakuha sa kanya. Yung Kia picanto 2006 nuong isa ala pa sa kalahati presyo. Lugi ng maibenta.

--Maraming daw plastic component ang Hyundai-Kia (e.g. even a Hyundai Galloper)

-In the Philippines, as of 2007, according to CAMPI, nasa tailend ang sales ng Hyundai dito.

--Sorry to say this, my conclusion, hyped lang ang Hyundai-Kia sa Pinas.
    you know bro, i had a budget for a toyota innova last june. kc i need a much more space for my growing family coz may madadag na naman sa min this nov. im ready to buy a toyota innova in cold cash last june but when i saw the kia carens at the sm city north, nagulo na mind set ko. so what i did is to compare the carens with the innova. sa interior pa lang talo na agad innova kc dming side pockets for family talaga. sa features, well mas hi tech ang loob ng carens compare to innova. sa built mas nagustuhan ko carens kc di malaki at di rin maliit so tamang tama lang sa parking lot namin. mas eyecathing ang carens kc masyado ng maraming may innova kaya nakakasawa na tignan sa daan. sa exterior, mas nagustuhan ko carens. so in short, carens ang kinuha ko kesa sa innova. i want sana yung crdi kaso di kaya ng budget so what i have here is their 2.0 cvvt gas engine. fuel economy rin to kc konti lang ang dinagdag na gas sa 96 honda vti ko. so far wala pa namang problem maliban dun sa gas gas na ginawa ng isang delivery boy ng yellowcab sa back bumper ko sa may julia vargas sa may megamall he he he kia nice one!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    -with all due respect sir, mahina pa rin daw kalidad ng Korean vehicles especially in the long run based on my friends assessment. One friend of mine owns a 2006 Hyundai Matrix and a 2005 Starex..Yung isa May Kia RIo 06 at Kia Sportage. Yung Sta. Fe daw maganda talaga---ang itsura---pero di maganda ang presyo dahil mahinang clase kumpara sa mga SUV ng Japan (he drove a Sta. Fe in the States). He also got to see a Sta. Fe in the Philippines na nabangga, tanggal ang buong harap, parang nayuping lata ng sardinas. Kabanggaan, L200 pickup. Warak pati radiator. L200, nayupi lang yung stepboard sa likod. Sayang ang 1.3 million.

-Pero no doubt, maganda ang design ng Hyundai-Kia ( Maganda ang new Starex at Sta. Fe.). Yung nga lang, talo in the long run. Yung spareparts daw mahirap kasi puro CBU. So mahirap ang maintenance in the long run.

-resale value mababa. One of my friends has a 2005 Hyundai Starex. Yari sya. Makalampag na. hanap piyesa.alang makuha. Kung meron, grabe presyo. Binenta, ang baba daw ng presyo nung nakuha sa kanya. Yung Kia picanto 2006 nuong isa ala pa sa kalahati presyo. Lugi ng maibenta.

--Sorry to say this, my conclusion, hyped lang ang Hyundai-Kia sa Pinas.

magaling lang kami nauna owners mag-hype dito sa tsikot. since 2006 pa namin pinapabango Hyundai dito hehehe

pero exaggerated yan naman yan tanggal harapan ng buong sta fe vs. stepboard. wow, yan ang hype to the max

i saw a civic racer once sa harap ng eastwood pinasok ang ilalim ng strada. ginawang preno. tanggal rear axle ng strada. i was also driving a strada that time.

ang na-feel ko noon para yun na-feel natin sa movies pag may scene na duktor talking about testicular cancer.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 14th, 2007 at 01:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002

lahat ng vehicles today e maraming plastic components (e.g. Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi)

look at the Innova and Fortuner only the seats and the fabric on the doors are not plastic everything else is from the door sidings to the dashboard (and it looks plastic)

yung sa Hyundai kahit plastic hindi mukhang plastic...

yes we Hyundai owners are hyping about our vehicles because there is something to hype about... we are very satisfied and say good things about Hyundai because we own 1... for people who do not own a Hyundai its always easy to find the faults...

before buying my Hyundai I looked for months at all the other options... I looked at the Fortuner (which Toyota will not let you test drive, I think they are scared that if you see how tagtag the ride is you will not buy 1)... my mom has an Innova and its less than 1 year old but is noisy as hell and the ride is not that comfortable... I test drove the CRV both the 2.0L and 2.4L, and although it was good it was not pulling me to buy one... the Outlander I went back about 10 times to the dealer to check it out and every time I just felt that it was too cheesy, the doors were plastic, the seats didn't seem thick, the 2nd row was not comfortable to sit in... the Hyundai on the other hand had nothing wrong with it, the seats were perfect, the dashboard elegant, the door sidings luxurious, you feel like you are riding in a luxury vehicle... I don't buy anything because of the brand name, I look at the product and what it has to offer... I agree Hyundai is not at the same class as Toyota, Honda and other big names, but if you as Toyota who they fear the most and they will tell you its Hyundai...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    if we are talking all korean cars model from 2006 and up its all because of performance,looks,features,advancement(always top for its price)and value for the money...here in phil korean cars are cbu only from korea so we could say koreans cars here are quality better than thailand/indonesia/india cbu cars...
    The 235hp 3.3L V6 Sonata is built solely in the US..... I think.

As for our 2006 Sonata 3.3 V6.... We haven't had any problems with it. We've thought about getting a second one (instead of a van).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The 235hp 3.3L V6 Sonata is built solely in the US..... I think.

As for our 2006 Sonata 3.3 V6.... We haven't had any problems with it. We've thought about getting a second one (instead of a van).

OT to the mods/admin/tskot:

what happend to the TIME?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is korean car really getting much attention nowadays.. why?.