New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Guys, nakapunta na ba kayo sa junkyard na kung saan kayo mismo ang magkakalas ng sarili ninyong partes? I've been to several lots already and the last one I've been to (Sun Valley in California) was really HUGE but the cars seemed to have been there for a while na. I guess we just got there near the end of the "shifts" of cars.

I saw one guy who had his iPod and was just tinkering and removing items from a car while I was walking around checking for wrecked MB's. I was surprised I saw around 6 or 7 w126 (sedan), 4 w201, 3 w124 (sedan), 8 w123 (5 sedan, 2 wagon, 1 coupe), 3 w107, and 2 w108. Minsan when I see the cars buo pa halos pero wasak yung isang kanto. I could just imagine the trauma the passengers had when that happened. Some even had the registration papers inside that indicated it resided in a wealthy part of town.

Pero ang nakakaawa yung mga sobrang wasak talaga. I couldn't imagine how anybody could survive those impacts. I checked and the "jaws of life" had to be used on the A, B and C pillars as well as the steering wheel. Wala naman dugo, and I hope that's a good sign. It was broadsided on the left side, possibly by a large vehicle. AE92 Corolla yon, and I cringe at the sight because we also have one similar car. There was also a Saab there with the whole trunk gone, including the left rear door. I couldn't even open the driver door dahil nag jam siya.

But I guess the best experience is in looking at different and various cars up close and personal, but too bad I couldn't take pics (no cameras allowed). I actually went with a friend in his '82 300TDT para maghakot but we just ended up with small items. Halos napakyaw na lahat ng nice parts by somebody who knows what he's doing. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Yun lang, share ko lang. Alam ko a lot of you want to experience going through these yards. Marami dito sa LA county. Search lang kayo. I go to www.pickapart.com and see the maps of various yards in California. So far I've gotten lots of nice parts for my other cars but since my 300D is nearing completion already and the 300TE isn't quite common in the yards, I don't get to see much action for those two...

It is here I realize there are some items you can get here that are in great shape and you can buy them at much lower prices than dealer or online stores, but of course those will be mostly accessories and interior pieces.

It's a great experience for those who haven't tried it. Alam ko may junkyards dyan but I think you can't get the parts yourselves?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have been to one here in Otown.. was looking for a used MAF sensor that time and a spare wheel for my Lancer OZ.. those junkyards are huge with all sorts of parts you can ever think of..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ako sa inyo... gagawin ko yang sideline. you get the parts from the junkyard and ship those parts dito via balikbayan boxes (para cheap $60/box).

marami ditong naghahanap ng Wseries na benz parts.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maduming trabaho yan para sa'kin. pati negative energies o kamalasan ng previous owner eh napapasa sa'yo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Going to the local pick and pull is fun. Unfortunately, wala masyadong ganyan dito sa atin because of cheap local labor (someone else will already remove the part for you).

Buying a parts car is even more fun because you get to take it home. Much to the disgust of your neighbors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    maduming trabaho yan para sa'kin. pati negative energies o kamalasan ng previous owner eh napapasa sa'yo
    good thing that I'm not superstitious (spell check), I used to go parts hunting every saturday morning nu'n nasa washington pa'ko... marami kasing wrecking yards na malpit sa area namin. I would get pretty much anything that might be of use for my AE86 and my RX7. I miss raiding "pull-a-parts" now I'm here in Cali, layo kasi ng mga yards plus di pa ganun karami ang wrecked RX8's. maybe in a year or so, I'd be going back to my saturday morning therapy

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pick a part and pick n pull are the notable yards in Cali. They have a lot of yards in Norcal as well as in Socal. You will see a lot of mexicans there(no offense).

I think its a great experience to go to a parts yard, and yank out the items you need. Even if you have to destroy other parts in order to get to the part you need, they don't care.

Make sure you go there when they have a sale (usually every month or 2 months-50% off!). Start early, after you've finished with one yard, get a stamp from the exit, so you can go to another yard(same yard name). You don't need to pay for the entrance on the 2nd yard(since you have a stamp).

Lastly, the must haves when going to a yard:
    1. TOOLS!!!
    2. water
    3. make sure your shoes are mud resistant. The yard can get dusty, as well as muddy, depends if it rained the other night.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wala namang masama diyan and there's nothing to be ashamed about,if i had the opportunity kahit ako mamakyaw din ako sa ganyan,minsan pa nga yung mga nakukuha diyan brand new pa at maganda pa,basta ok lang yan,sir.
    ang importante kinukuha mo ng legal na paraan at hindi ninanakaw,kasi yun ang talalagang malas at masama.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin lang...basta walang dugo sa piyesa na yan.. okay na!

"may pera sa basura"

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si doc otep lang ang tanging doctor na "basurero"...hehehe

peace boss otep joke lang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Junkyard junkies