New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I always wonder how jeepney drivers get their "professional" licenses...

I rode a jeep this afternoon and the driver seems know his way around. Literally. He would swerve into small cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, even swerve with buses. i was on the front side that time when he almost missed the bus by a mere centimeter.

He also never slows down on a full stop, instead, he makes a "pakong preno" shoving some of its passengers on the back because of inertia.

I heard a passenger said that the driver was "good" but really now...

Do they deserve to be tagged as "Professional Drivers" or should they be branded as kaskaserong drivers?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pbcnx View Post
    I always wonder how jeepney drivers get their "professional" licenses...

I rode a jeep this afternoon and the driver seems know his way around. Literally. He would swerve into small cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, even swerve with buses. i was on the front side that time when he almost missed the bus by a mere centimeter.

He also never slows down on a full stop, instead, he makes a "pakong preno" shoving some of its passengers on the back because of inertia.

I heard a passenger said that the driver was "good" but really now...

Do they deserve to be tagged as "Professional Drivers" or should they be branded as kaskaserong drivers?

I also wonder how these guys get their licenses. They don't even know basic road courtesy and right of way. Thanks to the red tape at the LTO offices they are given this privilege to drive people even if they are not qualified to and from their desired destinations.

By the term "professional" they use driving for a means of living or their profession, it's not that they are professionals like Schumacher on a race track.

Finally the driving technique of this kinds are dangerous, weaving to and from a lane like missing the bus by a centimeter is nothing to be astounded to. Just think of the property or worst life that it may damage or claim because of his irresponsible way of driving. For me they are moving accidents waiting to happen.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    in short they suck as a driver.. pardon my language

LTO should do a undercover entrapment of the LTO employees who accept bribes, same goes to MMDA. like in Lacson days

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    By the term "professional" they use driving for a means of living or their profession, it's not that they are professionals like Schumacher on a race track.
    Tama ka bro, dapat professional license ang sa kanila kasi driving ang profession nila. Wag na tayo magtaka sa LTO if pano sila naiisyuhan nun. Dun nga sa amin may trike driver na duleng, nakakuha ng LTO pro lic. Hayun, panay disgrasya ang kinasasangkutan nya.

Kaya naman ganyan ang ugali sa pagmamaneho ng karamihan sa jeepney driver (isama mo na LAHAT ng city buses at maraming taxi driver) kasi "survival of the fittest" ang patakaran sa kalye. Kung papatay-patay sila e hindi sila kikita (yun ang rason nila). Samahan mo pa ng mga inutil na tagapagpatupad ng butas este batas.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    they are professional reckless na parang mauubusan ng kalye

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    They are professional in making a heavy traffic. (hinto dito, hinto dyan)

professional perwisyos, pero we still need them for public transpo, ahihi

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hay naku... hindi lang sila mga bobo, andami pang barumbado.

Minsan pa nagpupuno ng pasahero yung driver ng nasakyan kong jeepney, siksikan na sobra and he still insists there's ample space for 2 more passengers.

May isang babae na nilakasan ang boses, "Mama, masikip na ho. Hindi na kasya!"

Umandar ng konti yung jeepney tapos biglang nag-break. Di nagsipagtalsikan kami papunta sa harap. Sigaw ng driver, " O ayan! Anong hindi na kasya? Ang luwang pa o!"

May mga mama na umiling na lang pero wala naman kaming nagawa.

Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post

Minsan pa nagpupuno ng pasahero yung driver ng nasakyan kong jeepney, siksikan na sobra and he still insists there's ample space for 2 more passengers.

Umandar ng konti yung jeepney tapos biglang nag-break. Di nagsipagtalsikan kami papunta sa harap. Sigaw ng driver, " O ayan! Anong hindi na kasya? Ang luwang pa o!"

hehe badtrip nga un.. paminsan kung kakakayanin, winawantootree ko pag ganun ka ogag driver, paminsan din pag trip ko, ipon ako tag 10 cents at 5 cents, un ibabayad ko basta ogag driver.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post

kapal ng mukha ah..ang daming ganito..dyus ko..siksikan na nga sabay "konting usog na lang ho oh para makaalis na tayo"..eh kung hindi ba naman sya t#*ga paano uusog eh ipit na ipit na nga puwit eh, kung sya kaya nasa lagay ng mga pasahero..pero mas makapal pa rin mukha nyang driver sa story mo sir..
    sus..lahat naman ata ng jeep driver puro sa fixer lang nagpakuha license eh..ni wala pa akong na-eencounter na sobrang disiplinadong jeepney driver..lahat barumbado

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Jeepney Drivers as Professional drivers...