New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yung Opel nga may laban sa SiR... Supra pa :-)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3 important things to remember:

1. van wilder is right - the supra changed body styles in 94. the 94-98 supra turbo is an absolute monster...capable of handling extremely high boost and 500+ hp with only basic mods. the older body style is nowhere near as good.

2. there are n/a and turbo versions of all three cars. please don't waste your time on the lame non-turbo versions.

3. an unmodified turbo version of any of these cars will destroy an SiR without even leaving third gear. you can even give that SiR a 500-ft head start.

all three turbo versions are highly tunable, with the easiest/best being the supra. however, the 3000GT is all-wheel drive (that might appeal to you). also, i believe the 300zx is a pure 2-seater while the supra and 3000GT have (very small) back seats.
    Last edited by empy; December 4th, 2004 at 12:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, I'd take the Toyota Supra turbo. If you have the budget, Sport Compact Car magazine has a very good example of what you can do with one.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think he needs to research some more... there are a zillion trim levels on the Supra and 300ZX, and even if he thinks they're relatively cheap, those prices are for the bottom-rung models... even with the lower taxes now, it'll still cost almost three times the price of each car to bring it in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sabagay tama ka dyan. but i still believe i can make arrangements with my "tito" sa customs. im serious talaga, im planning to get one this january. among the cars ive researched (used cars lang kasi wala ako budget for newer ones). here are my findings sa mga prices nila (including shipping cost, excluding customs, local taxes, and conversion).

mitsubishi 3000gt - 2500 and up (USD)
    nissan fairlady z 300zx - 2600 and up (USD)
    toyota supra sz - 6000 and up (USD)

lahat sila close to 3.0L im not sure if these has turbo. pasensya na kayo, baguhan ako sa usapang "drag race", pero nakahiligan ko na sa kakapanood with barkada, now its time for me to join in using an cheap imported car. salamat again.

teka, after conversion ba, maapektohan ang performance ng vehicle?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    skyline r34 ayaw mo? pero yun year 1999-2002 aabot ng 2.5M-3.5M eh dapat kasi kukuha ako, kaso na-realize ko wag na... mahal masyado, baka magalit nanay ko... euro car na lang kunin ko...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yung 3 sports car, as long as NA 3.0L approx 220Hp +/- ... problem dyan conversion na OEM parts since JDM market mga yan...source ka muna surplus OEM parts..>>hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    since mag iimport ka naman..eh maghanap ka na din ng conversion kit na brandnew para sa mga yan..preferably from US? huwaaa mahal!!

yung supra kakalabasan nyan ba yung parang kay paul walker sa fast and furious 1 right? except may hood nga lang siya

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hood can be dealt with. hehe punta ka lang sa A-toy. supra pa rin that is if you really want to stand out. All 3 are ok. So better source for parts, that's where the going gets tough.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    thanks for all the info. you really helped me a lot. teka, you know so much of the supra, how about the fairlady z and the 3000gt? anybody who knows how good are they, or anybody who have test drived them? can an unmodified fairladyz and the 3000gt beat a modified SiR?

furthermore, i have found a cheap toyota supra 1990 model, very good condition and clean engine. kaya lang 2.0L lang sya pero twin turbo, how good is this? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bob_infotech06; December 5th, 2004 at 07:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Japanese Fearsome Threesome