New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i just love the interior smell of a new car. the problem is, i know that smell will not last forever. kindly share your practices on how you maintain the interior of your cars smelling like new, your favorite car fresheners, so called "ionizers", and other gadgets that will not will make you car smell bad

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    avoid using strong air fresheners in cars... especially shaldan... pagnahigop ng aircon yung amoy ng shaldan pagtagal... umaasim amoy ng hangin ng aircon... dati di ako naniwala sa sinabi nung nag linis nung aircon ko... so after nung cleaning shaldan ulit ayun after a few days maasim yung air from the aircon ...badtrip... never na ako bumili ulit ng shaldan

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    may thread na rin na ganto kundi ako nag kakamali. um.. most of them use california scent. yea mabango nga yun but for me kasi ang ayoko sa california scent is ang lakas kumapit ng amoy sa damit. kaya pag labas ko car kahit 30mins driving lang maamoy pa rin sa damit. i only use glade sport coolwater maganda na tignan and simple lang yung amoy. pero kung di mo trip ummmm. kais ginagawa ko pag linis ko ng dash board and seats nag lalagay ako ng protectatnt pang leather and pastic with lemon scent mabango sya pero will not last long but atleast hindi matapang.. well its just me

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    merong car fresherner na new car scent yan ang bilhin mo palagi

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Tacoma_34: anong brand yun pre? and saan nabibili yun?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    yung california scent - newport new car. yun yung sinasabi nila na amoy bago. pero ang secret kasi ng amoy ng bagong car eh nasa carpet. kung malinis lagi ang carpet, mabango ang car. na-try ko lang sa friend ko ng after siya mabangga, nagpalit din sya ng carpet. ayun amoy brand new ulit car niya kahit luma na.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to smell bad air from the acu. Mine happened only on the initial blast of fan air when I turn on the acu in the morning. The sour smell will quickly disappear once the compressor was turned on. One of the supervisors of the car dealer advised me to remove my acu air cleaner and keep the thermostat to full maximum position. It didn't work.

I also fumigated the interior with anti-mold and mildew product made in Japan. It didn't work.

I sprayed Lysol (two types of scents) into the air vents. Didn't work. I tried to mask the smell by pressurized air freshener and hanged that little thing in the air vents. Didn't work.

I came to the conclusions that any chemical preparation inside the car has a bad effect on the acu air. The other conclusion is that the air inside the car gets polluted over time and you need to replace it with fresh air. Of course, if your car's interior is dirty, so will the circulating air be.

Finally, I removed all air fresheners from the car. Totally. No more spraying of anything, no more California scents. I vacuum the car's interior at least once every week. I remove and clean all floor mats and hang them under the sun and opened all doors and expose the car's interior to direct sunlight for several hours every Saturday. Before I turn off the engine at night I leave the fan turned on for about 3 minutes with thermostat turned to heater (mild) to blow dry the acu air ducts. I wash the seat covers once in two months. I do not allow eating inside the car (mostly ignored by my wife and daughter.)

Quite a lot of work on my part, but it worked. The bad smell of fan air was gone. Wala na yung maasim na amoy. Now that the air inside is as fresh as outside I get a hint of that showroom smell you were talking about, hehehe.

I also have an air ionizer on the cigarrette lighter and I am aware that some cars have no air cleaner on their air con system. Mine has and I have just replaced it with a new one. But even discounting these two items, the above practice worked very well in keeping my car's interior smelling clean and natural. Most of all, we are no longer bothered by the smell of car fresheners! Alam nyo, sa totoo lang, napakaginhawa ng pakiramdam namin nung mawala na ang air fresherner sa loob ng kotse namin. Sa amin lang naman po.

Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    agree with last post. just keep it clean.. or try using an ionizer every now and then.. yung mga fresheners together with the overall interior condition of your car can adversely affect your A/C after a while .. hence the maasim smell..

try to cycle the use of your fresheners (hehe parang supplements..)

also, try to browse the threads.. andaming similar topics nito. that could help you alot.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i also would suggest not to use any air fresheners. para sa akin mas ok natural smell. i use "Odor Gone", it uses what they called "zeolyte" rocks. They have this before at True Value. But when i went back to buy some they said na-pull out na yung product. sayang!

don't know why they pulled it out, but its very effective. kahit magiwan ako ng wet clothes sa kotse, nawawala agad yung amoy.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako old reliable ULING lang kapag may inaalis akong amoy...
    as for the new car smell alam ko combination ng mga adhesive nung nalalagay ang mga ang interiors ng car...imho nabasa ko medyo masama pa nga ito eh. (kung sobra)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Its All About the Smell