New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rtuazon4 View Post
    Any pictures of your friends converted s2000 you can post? I'd like to be able to see the conversion quality. After reading some of these threads regarding converted cars, it seems to be sort of a hit and miss as far as quality.

ill try to take pics and post is if we get to see each other again well just a while ago, i saw another recetly purchased silver s2000 it was purchased for 1.4m also converted with 30k on the odo ... the conversion of this one is almost identical to the other with everthing on the correct side already the only concern is the airbag at the passenger side. but if you compared, the first one that i saw that was purchasd for 1.3M is better than this one ... the interior is more intact, etc but overall this is also a pretty much perfect conversion of an s2000

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    ill try to take pics and post is if we get to see each other again well just a while ago, i saw another recetly purchased silver s2000 it was purchased for 1.4m also converted with 30k on the odo ... the conversion of this one is almost identical to the other with everthing on the correct side already the only concern is the airbag at the passenger side. but if you compared, the first one that i saw that was purchasd for 1.3M is better than this one ... the interior is more intact, etc but overall this is also a pretty much perfect conversion of an s2000
    What year are these S2000's that are going for this price? Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rtuazon4 View Post
    What year are these S2000's that are going for this price? Thanks.
    i think both are ... 01/02? coz its the model that still has the 2.0 engine and not the newer 2.2 engine

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i think both are ... 01/02? coz its the model that still has the 2.0 engine and not the newer 2.2 engine
    I'm not sure about the other countries but here in the U.S. the 2.2 engine in the S2000 didn't show up until 2004 but the actual redline went down. That's why i'd like to keep my 2003.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    is there such a thing as perfect conversion from RHD to LHD? to think that this are not just ordinary cars in terms of power. safety should be considered deeply. i don't think that these so-called perfectly converted cars can really be push to their limits.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i think those are the poorly converted s2000 units ...

there are far more exotic / rare cars here in the philippines compared to the honda s2000, there are murcielagos, gallardos, diablo, even a miura, a ford GT, a PERFECTLY converted nissan skyline R34 GTR nur, a monster trd supra, 2 merc SLRs, mclaren F1, ferrari f430, saleen mustang, aston martin db7 etc you name it, the philippines has it hehe almost
    If they're not filthy politician, They do have connections.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    is there such a thing as perfect conversion from RHD to LHD? to think that this are not just ordinary cars in terms of power. safety should be considered deeply. i don't think that these so-called perfectly converted cars can really be push to their limits.
    I agree, that's why if i find it too difficult to import my car into the philippines, i'd like to at least find one in the philippines locally that was originally a left hand drive.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    If they're not filthy politician, They do have connections.
    sorry for butting in Sir Rt but I'm just itching to ask the same folks here if it would be cheaper to discreetly ship in the car piece by piece under different names and times without those hassles you've mentioned earlier?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just an advise brod, maybe its not worth the hassle. I brought in a BMW M3 (first generation) from Germany and it took me a couple of weeks to iron out the wrinkles at Customs. The "extra" cost to bring it out almost burnt a hole in my wallet.

After using the car for 9 months, I sold it to another enthusiast, hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i remember back when we had our W201 benz sent here from Maryland. Freight and customs charges more than doubled the price of the car. And when we picked up the car at customs, the battery was replaced with an old (and dead flat) one so we had to push start the car. Someone also took a liking for the factory Blaupunkt head unit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Importing Car From U.S.