New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rtuazon4 View Post
    To be honest with you i was just thinking about sending my Honda S2000 back to the Philippines, not what everybody would consider an exotic car but i don't think they're even available in the philippines. I've looked thru the classifieds on this site and others and even the halfway decent convertibles are overpriced. Plus what can i say, i love my car.
    try checking out www.autopadala.com

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    try checking out www.autopadala.com
    I checked out the site, thanks... Likely they are using the same shipping line company in Long Beach which is 10mins away. Nice to see their website with a Ferrari 360 Spider in Grigio Alloy/Nero, looks familiar ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rtuazon4 View Post
    To be honest with you i was just thinking about sending my Honda S2000 back to the Philippines, not what everybody would consider an exotic car but i don't think they're even available in the philippines. I've looked thru the classifieds on this site and others and even the halfway decent convertibles are overpriced. Plus what can i say, i love my car.
    if you don't mind spending/bribing ... go for it!
    you'll be driving one of the (very) few S2000's around, like this one i saw in Baguio driven by an actor

with a matching babe, of course!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wow, thanks for posting those pictures. I go home 2-3 times a year and i still have yet to see an s2000. Oddly enough, i've seen BMW Z4's, Porsche Boxsters, Mercedes 350's and i kid you not a red ferrari 360 all in the town of Tarlac and nearby vicinities. It was pretty surreal seeing that ferrari in tarlac. I realize there are plenty of rich people in the philippines but even ferrari sightings here in Illinois are few and far between unless you happen to hang around downtown Chicago alot.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    supercharged S2000 ni ace vergel!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i live somewhere in QC, and this white s2000 is always driving by our streets... i heard that this guy who's driving it, has business of selling cars. But i dont know if the s2000 is included, ill check up on it and keep u updated.

and btw, the driver is kinda "mayabang"... coz a lot of people saw him carrying a gun while driving it.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yeah, thanks. Let me know if you get any info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^There is a place here that is selling a S2000 for Php 750,000.

i think those are the poorly converted s2000 units ...

anyways, lately there are a surge of s2000 being driven around manila ... one of my friend got a perfectly converted s2000 unit with only 20k on the odo with all original dash etc everthing was placed on the correct side .. it came with 18s gram lights rims and lowering springs for only 1.3M

so i guess its not really worth the hassle of sending an s2000 here in the philippines coz lately ... there are really a LOT of it around

there are far more exotic / rare cars here in the philippines compared to the honda s2000, there are murcielagos, gallardos, diablo, even a miura, a ford GT, a PERFECTLY converted nissan skyline R34 GTR nur, a monster trd supra, 2 merc SLRs, mclaren F1, ferrari f430, saleen mustang, aston martin db7 etc you name it, the philippines has it hehe almost

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    i think those are the poorly converted s2000 units ...

anyways, lately there are a surge of s2000 being driven around manila ... one of my friend got a perfectly converted s2000 unit with only 20k on the odo with all original dash etc everthing was placed on the correct side .. it came with 18s gram lights rims and lowering springs for only 1.3M

so i guess its not really worth the hassle of sending an s2000 here in the philippines coz lately ... there are really a LOT of it around

there are far more exotic / rare cars here in the philippines compared to the honda s2000, there are murcielagos, gallardos, diablo, even a miura, a ford GT, a PERFECTLY converted nissan skyline R34 GTR nur, a monster trd supra, 2 merc SLRs, mclaren F1, ferrari f430, saleen mustang, aston martin db7 etc you name it, the philippines has it hehe almost
    Any pictures of your friends converted s2000 you can post? I'd like to be able to see the conversion quality. After reading some of these threads regarding converted cars, it seems to be sort of a hit and miss as far as quality.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Not worth the money and hassle unless you are going to bring in an exotic not found in the Philippines. I also considered it but even the freight companies who would make money if I sent a car didn't think it was a good idea. I remember some years back some guy shipped a BMW to the Philippines and when he went to Customs to claim it they could not find the car, eventually they did find it but it was being driven around by a judge who knew someone in Customs and took a liking to the BMW. So besides having to pay the duties and fees you also have to pay bribes and have to worry if you will even get your vehicle.
    i would have shot the judge in the head if i saw him driving my car...

at saka kung sino yung incharge sa customs malilintikan din.....not in the court of law, but somewhere outside his comfort zone..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Importing Car From U.S.