New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Anyone have a flyer of the '99 Honda Civic SiR? Pascan naman. :D
    meron ako brochure. alin part ang gusto mo i-scan?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If it isnt a hassle everything would be great * a high resolution but if it's too much trouble just the specs lang.

To save tsikot's bandwidth & disk space upload the image to http://imageshack.us/ Free siya and provides thumbnails so the forum wont bog down.

Maiba naman. Pano yung mga mini SUV dito, overrated din ba yung mga HP rating?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    mga tsong, compare nyo muna kasi ang COMPRESSION RATIO. although 2 same car models may have the same displacements, the one with the higher compression ratio will produce a higher power output. so yung honda civic na 1.6 it will have a lower rating in other countries (especially in the US where the emmission controls are very strict) than for a car designed for the philippines. mas mataas ang compression ratio ng mga engines sa pinas. so do not be surprised if you see a 2.0 liter car in the US rated not much more than a 1.6 liter car in the philippines. one has more displacement but is down rated by lowering the compression ratio and thus produce less Hp per unit displacement, the other has a higher compression ratio so even if the displacement is less the hp/cc displacement is higher.

it's a simple matter of choosing between horsepower and emmission control. higher compression ratios produce higher NOx pollutants that cause smog but also results to higher hp/cc displacement.
    High compression engine needs high octane gas....now....my question to you is..when did these "high output cars" came out and when did the philippines started marketing high octane gas?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mas mataas ang octane rating dito kaysa diyan sa maryland, up to 93 lang diyan. dito up to 96.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Maiba naman. Pano yung mga mini SUV dito, overrated din ba yung mga HP rating?
    most of them have the same rating as their Euro or US counterparts.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34
    mas mataas ang octane rating dito kaysa diyan sa maryland, up to 93 lang diyan. dito up to 96.

early 90's cars back in the philippines were over rated (up to now)...if those cars had higher compression engines back in the 90's, they'd knock in no time. As far as i can remember, the phils didn't have hi-octane gas just until recently (i just discovered from this site a few months back).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another question...

the "130 hp" VTEC3 engine of the Civic. I've tried scouring the web for more info but it seems that only the Philippines has it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yes just like Petron Blaze, Caltex Gold at Shell velocity. 96 lahat yon.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I think their rating is based on the crank. Not on the wheels. Someone sue these people for false advertising.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
HP Ratings ng Local Cars...