New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Plano sana naming maglagay ng headrest monitor, kaso gusto sana namin anti-whiplash parin yung headrest na gagamitin. Is this possible? If yes, mga magkano ang isa? Hindi kasi pwede sa ceiling dahil may sunroof. Btw, kung built-in yung HU tapos ayaw naming ipagalaw, saan kaya ilalagay yung player nung monitor? Thanks. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Forwhat vehicle? All head restraints are designed to prevent whiplash. Some are just better than others. Eurotype head restraints can be canted forward to be closer to the occupant's head. Some head restraints are always close to the occupant's head and have active anti-whiplash features (e.g. Volvos).

If you are use the stock HU, you can place the player under the seats or in the cargo compartment like how they do with early Ford Expeditions.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP, active head-restraint ba pareho lang ng active anti-whiplash?

yung sa 06 Civic may active head restraints. If it moves by itself, bakit manually pa din kung i-adjust ang height? Paano kaya tatas kung hindi electronically controlled?!

In a sufficient rear-end impact, the active head restraints move forward and up, helping reduce and /or prevent neck injury.
    Last edited by Karding; July 21st, 2006 at 02:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, all head restraints are designed to prevent whiplash type injuries. Active headrestraints just kick it up a notch by actually reacting during a crash.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi OTEP, many thanks for the response. According to Nissan's website, the term I should've used was active head restraints. Is this the same as active anti-whiplash? May nakausli kasing tela from the headrest tapos anti-whiplash nakalagay, lahat pala anti-whiplash. Hehe.

Anyways, Murano yung vehicle. I see, under the seats pala pwede. Mas maganda siguro ito para tago, kaso medyo mahirap yung controls, aasa sa remote. Plus equalizer pa nga pala. Btw, maliban sa Mickey's, saan pa kaya maganda magpakabit? Within Q.C. sana.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think meron aftermarket nyan kasi that'll involve multiple sensors to detect impact from the front and rear of the vehicle, actuators installed in the seat itself, the wiring, etc... It'll be quite a feat to retrofit a car that didn't come with it.

Just use the headrest correctly, meaning the height of the headrest (top line) should be at the same level as the top of your head.

How much is an anti-whiplash headrest?