New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'm just curious about this. My vehicle, which has been with me for around 4 years, has been involved in 3 accidents already (not counting the minor dents, scars and scratches accumulated sa everyday use). to differentiate those 3 accidents from the 'minor' ones, this means nagka-police report yun and it involved significant bodywork.

thankfully, buhay pa naman ako pero 3 times na akong binangga in a span of 4 years. i'm afraid my luck wouldn't stretch to a 4th time on the same vehicle.

I'm not superstitious or anything but I'm starting to think na malas ata 'yung kotse ko. heck, I'm even contemplating of selling it and getting a new one na lang.

so how many times na kayo na-involve in an accident on your daily primary vehicle? take note: same vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For my car... its 3 times since I had it (bought in 1999).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Chain, benta mo na lang and buy a new one.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my current car (Lan Pizza) has only been in a minor accident once. may nag cut lang sa akin na scooter kaya tumama sya sa lower bumper ko.

my previous car (Lan Singkit) has been with one major accident wherein a jeep used me as his brakes in an intersection.

my first car (VW Beetle) has also been with one major accident, wherein also, a jeep lost control and rammed me head on.

my cars in between have not figured in accidents (a Lan Itlog, a Lan Boxtype)

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    my first and only accident so far (and i hope it stays at this count) happened when my car was about 3 months old pa lang :sad: and that was more than 3 years ago. Involved was a tricycle who suddenly cut my way. Nag-counterflow sya kaso he realized na di sya pagbibigyan nung kasalubong nyang truck, so nag-cut na lang sya in front of me. And it so happened na tapat ng police outpost nangyari! Had to replace fender. I'm not sure though if hinabol pa ng insurance yung tricycle driver.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Twice pa lang...

Incident #1. I ran over a tire that went over the bed of a delivery truck. My front left tire cracked due to the impact (and MMDA hagad assisted me to change my tire) and I needed an alignment.

Incident #2. A Honda Accord (with plates MLR 333) bumped my right rear bumper while in the middle of traffic. The damage to his Accord is big: bumper, grille, headlight were all damaged and misaligned. The damage costed me P7,000. The driver only paid P2,500 and did not any more return to pay for the rest of the damage. The owner (a Doctor from St. Luke's) also refused to pay for the damage.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    So far wala pang accidents, minor nor major. less than 3 months old and nasa 6900Km pa lang ang odometer.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks for your replies tsikoteers.

based on some of the posts, why am I getting this sinking feeling na mas madalas ata frequency ng trafic incidents ko wherein binabangga ako?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Chain, benta mo na lang and buy a new one.
    I'm seriously considering it. mukhang kamalasan na nga ito.

third time's the charm?

kaya in a few days ang magiging thread ko naman dito "Suggest a Brand New Car for Chain"

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ung sa akin Binangga ako ng motor at bwenas ko pa ung nagmamaneho ng motor ay pintor ng sasakyan at latero at para medyo makabawas sya sa bayad pinaayos ko ung isa pang damage sa pinto ko at nka mura pa ako sa gastos ko ...pero ung damage sa pinto ko di sya ung gumawa nun..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
How many times has your vehicle been involved in an accident?