New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Out of curiosity in general, how long is it consider safe for the car to be stored in our garage without running it? Like is it ok for us not to run the car for 2 weeks without a problem? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako na try ko na 3 weeks to a month, disconnect ko lang yun batterry...pag balik ko ok pa naman...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i really have no idea on exactly how long pero just to give an idea... we have an old school silver ed corona and minsan months bago gamitin, wala naman nagiging prob yung car. minsan nga lang ngstuck up yung brakes pero pinalinis lang drum brake ok na ulit. (tibay talaga ng old school, all mechanical cars!)

yung galant 96 naman namin, well it could go about 2 months na nakastuck sa garahe then one click pa din.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Pag gasoline six months, Pag diesel 5 years. You can base it from the storage life of the fuel used.

If you will store it DRY, then that would be indefinitely. It will all depend on how DRY you will store it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd prefer to start the car up and use it at least once a month... then just disconnect the battery in between drives.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Out of curiosity in general, how long is it consider safe for the car to be stored in our garage without running it? Like is it ok for us not to run the car for 2 weeks without a problem? Thanks!
    In my experience with our new SUV, my kids only warm it up everyday for about five minutes, and drive the car around every other month, so far nothing went wrong with it.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    We took a vacation to the Phils for two months, meaning two months din ang mga sasakyan namin sa garahe, pagdating namin walang problema. One click parin.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Same here, two months hindi ginamit sasakyan ko. No problems, and this is a 25 year old car.

When in doubt, disconnect the battery, inflate the tires 2-4 psi, and make sure you have a full tank (a bit expensive). Reason for the full tank especially if gasoline is that it prevents moisture from building up in the fuel tank (the more fuel, the less moisture). Moisture causes rust.

Two weeks is nothing, believe me.

necessary ba talaga i dosconnect ang battery? di ba mas safe if leave it connected?

How long is it safe for the car to be stored?