New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good Morning Tsikoters,

My sister-in-law has a 2007 CRV (8 years old with about 50km) and the SA is telling her to replace the timing belt (or is it chain?) because it's due for replacement daw. Nothing is wrong with it naman but the SA is telling her it that it can cause bigger expense if not done. She asked me if that's true but I am not sure, I don't even see it in the check-list of of the owners manual as being suggested for replacement.

What is your take guys? Does it really need to be replaced?

Salamat

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    Good Morning Tsikoters,

My sister-in-law has a 2007 CRV (8 years old with about 50km) and the SA is telling her to replace the timing belt (or is it chain?) because it's due for replacement daw. Nothing is wrong with it naman but the SA is telling her it that it can cause bigger expense if not done. She asked me if that's true but I am not sure, I don't even see it in the check-list of of the owners manual as being suggested for replacement.

Salamat
    Usually sa 100,000 yan sir pinapalitan. actually nga, baka magkaproblema pa yan kapag pinalitan kaagad. Just like when I had my EK's timing belt replaced by speedyfix, never ending na problema inabot ko. Muntik pa masira crankshaft ko tapos parating kumakalas yung pulley kahit nahihigpitan ng maayos.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    Good Morning Tsikoters,

Salamat
    Usually sa 100,000 yan sir pinapalitan. actually nga, baka magkaproblema pa yan kapag pinalitan kaagad. Just like when I had my EK's timing belt replaced by speedyfix, never ending na problema inabot ko. Muntik pa masira crankshaft ko tapos parating kumakalas yung pulley kahit nahihigpitan ng maayos.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Timing chain yan no need to replace for a long long time until umingay. It won't snap like a belt.

HONDA CRV 2007 Timing Chain/Belt Needs Replacement?