New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    This car was properly parked on a legal parking area. Then I just went to a shop nearby to get some stuff, and when I returned I noticed a huge dent on the hatch. Tsk, tsk, tsk... Pity...

This car is insured naman. Usually how much would the participation fee be if I forward the car to the insurance versus the cost would I spend for a third party mechanical shop?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Claim it from your insurance, an over estimated cost would be 10k for the painting and restoration process. Multiply by 5% since your vehicle is under a year old. (2 year old vehicles have 8% participation fee on some insurance companies).

Versus, PDR which will cost you 2k and will not remove any cornered dents and paints. If you opt for a third party painter, which would cost you almost the same.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tangnang mga hit and runners iyan, that's the 2nd type of persons i hate.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Claim it from your insurance, an over estimated cost would be 10k for the painting and restoration process. Multiply by 5% since your vehicle is under a year old. (2 year old vehicles have 8% participation fee on some insurance companies).
    i beg to disagree, own damage claims are charged a fix 0.5% (for passenger cars) of the vehicle's insured amount as participation fee. commercial vehicles rate is 1%. for vehicles more than 5 yrs old, you will be charged for the depreciation (don't know how to compute this) on top of the participation fee.

so in sHoCkAbSoRbEr's case, i believe the car is less than 2 yrs, with an estimated insured amount of 550,000.00, the participation will be less than 3,000.00
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    grabe naman mga hit & runners na yan, walastik bago pa naman ng CAR ni Ate Shock. post ka ulit ng picture after ng repair Ate Shock...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, I would rather have the damage PDR'd rather than run the risk of bad paint matching and dissimilar aging over time.

I can only see one creased dent from the photo. If the PDR person can take that out, he can take out the rest of the dents.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa car ko which has a comprehensive insurance, the participation was P3500. maximum cash out yun, plus of course the necessary miscelaneous expenses on getting a police report, pictures, etc. you will need a police report if you want to claim from insurance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree ako kay sir otep..PDR..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung hood kasi ng AE92 ng resident dito sa UST nagkaron ng paint imperfection nung bago pa. Ni-repaint ng casa. Ngayon ang pangit na. Lumabas ang ang hindi pagka-match. Kaya as much as possible ayoko galawin ang pintura, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din.. pdr yan.. kaya siguro yan.. ndi na halata.. but hingin mo pera sa insurance for painting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hit and run victim