New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Its a bit hard trying to think whats the best...

hmmm... thinking of the better brand 1.5Li Mo Fos like the City and Vios... but then meron yun mga base 1.6li compacts from Ford and Mitsu which is almost or near the same price(considering the discount )

Ano tingin nyo? I havent heard any complaints on the Mitsu Lancer GLX. Or baka naman their are just too few who own them? Whats the catch? Why is it so competitively priced? Iniisip ko tuloy baka may design flaw.

Hows about the Ford Lynx? Kita ko sa brochure iba yun suspension ng GHIA sa GSI? baka naman prone to problems yun GSI nila?

I know advantage ng 1.6 is off course everything is bigger in and out. Pero yun brand name ng Toyota and Honda equals quality.

Ano pipiliin nyo?

nga pala, its for the wifey. city driving to and from work most of the time. sometimes baka gamitin paakyat ng baguio thats why we're considering the 1.5 and not the 1.3 also kelangan worry free kase the wife doesn't know much about cars in case nasira sya...

thanks in advance!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba ang suspension? AFAIK, same ang suspension nila... MacPherson Strut + Dual Independent Strut... masyado namang mabusisi kung babaguhin pa nila ang suspension per variant

isa sa mga service car dito sa amin ay Ford Lynx - la namang problems so far. yung Lynx owners ng Protegetech ay wala pa naman major reklamo about their rides. pero ang balita ay papalitan na ng Focus and Lynx by next year.

maganda rin i consider yung Mitsubishi Lancer. medyo mas sporty and new ang design kaysa sa Lynx. ganda ng interior.

oo nga pala... kaya mababa ang price ng Ford & Mazda is because my tax breaks sila for being a car-exporter (and the only one here in the PH).

toyota quality? pare... sa rav4 na lang natin... hindi ba parang ang daming na squeaks and rattles? halos pare-pareho na lang naman ang mga car manufacturers ngayon. nasa alaga na lang yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i'd say go for the 1.5L Honda City. It gives out more cargo space than the lancer or the lynx. i honestly don't know the reliability of the lynx and the lancer but i have a friend who owns a lynx ghia and he said that the suspension isn't that good.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the problem with the new City is the ride quality is stiff. The Vios gives a better ride quality.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest getting a bigger car, the Lynx or Lancer for that matter. Better leg room and cabin space, more comfort in the long run, stronger engine pa.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wont go below 1.6... di kasi maganda experience ko sa 1.3...bitin masyado hp but between your choices baka maganda pa rin hatak ng 1.5...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    parang ganito yan eh, be the best from the worst people, or worst from the best... syempre dapat worst from the best... i'll go for 1.6 tutal discounted pala eh

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yeapp 1.6 na you'll never know baka minsan talaga may makakarga kang mabigat

atsaka isa pa mas maganda ang malaking body na

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    If I were in your shoes, I'll get the 1.6 liter.
    Last edited by Kris92306; January 5th, 2005 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    the bigger the better!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
High End 1.5LI VS Base 1.6Li Sedan