New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi guys im new here pcnxa n hendi ako magaling mag tagalog hehehe but im still learning

hmmm i got a question and i hope that i can find an answer

i bought a car like one year and 1/2 ago in Jeddah - Saudi Arabia anyway the problem is that i just use it for like 6months and now its just parked no one is using it since i have been for like 1 year here in phillipines for studying and i really need car but what i need to know is theres a way that i can bring my car from saudi to phillipines as for a limited time (cuz in middle east when we bring a car into another country we can bring it without changing plates and all that stuff there is something called triptick which u pay like an amount of money for every year you let that car in the other country) if you have any idea if i can do that here or where should i go ask plz let me know ,,, and yah one last thing i need your advice if should i just bring my car here if i can or should i buy a new car here then sell it when i go home maybe after 5 years?

--- mraming salamat poh for reading my topic i really appreciate it ---

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think it's better to buy a 2nd hand car here for temporary use then sell it again when you go back to Saudi. The tax that you will pay for bringing your car here and bringing it back will be costly and will bring you a lot of problems. Not unless your a diplomat. The charge will be free. And the maintenance and parts if your car is not available locally. And if you want to bring your car over you still have to register it here with local plates.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd second that

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks a lot guys for the reply i really appreciate it

special thanks to uwak18 and im gonna do what u just told me to do cuz i think its the best choice i can do.... thanks a lot

Hi guys im new !! and got one question plz :)