New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Twenty three million sounds about right. I think the bottom of the (brand-new) Ferrari pecking order is around 15 million. It's not unheard of to pay 30 million for a really fine car over here.

Not to sound too pessimistic about it, but if this is a once-in-a-lifetime-buy with your life savings, it's not worth it. The depreciation alone will cost you millions.

While technically, you may be able to afford it, the depreciation and the notoriously ludicrous upkeep costs will kill you in the end. Buying a 20 million plus peso car is for people who have 40 million pesos or more in "pocket change" and more condos and mistresses than Erap.

Invest in real estate nalang, and buy a nice Porsche or something. Mga 10 million or so will get you a nice Carrera (I think... mga 7m yata ang Boxster)... or even a Jaguar XJR (8.5m... 9m with options).

Actually... that's a nice one... the XJR may be smaller than the Rolls, but it's smooth, fast, exclusive, and comes with some of the most beautiful leather and wood trim on the planet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    S-type R!!! hehehehe!! nakikigulo lang.. 23 million? daaannnggg!!!!hellalot! maymagsesrvice ba satin ng RR locally?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    whatever niky said, just double it

if you havent done it, why not keep a big chunk here on a high interest account around 5%? the interest alone may cover frequent trips to pinas. get a fancy car over there, and get one over here (leave it to me when you go home ).

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Twenty three million sounds about right. I think the bottom of the (brand-new) Ferrari pecking order is around 15 million. It's not unheard of to pay 30 million for a really fine car over here.

Not to sound too pessimistic about it, but if this is a once-in-a-lifetime-buy with your life savings, it's not worth it. The depreciation alone will cost you millions.

While technically, you may be able to afford it, the depreciation and the notoriously ludicrous upkeep costs will kill you in the end. Buying a 20 million plus peso car is for people who have 40 million pesos or more in "pocket change" and more condos and mistresses than Erap.

Invest in real estate nalang, and buy a nice Porsche or something. Mga 10 million or so will get you a nice Carrera (I think... mga 7m yata ang Boxster)... or even a Jaguar XJR (8.5m... 9m with options).

Actually... that's a nice one... the XJR may be smaller than the Rolls, but it's smooth, fast, exclusive, and comes with some of the most beautiful leather and wood trim on the planet.
    well said...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by john_eugenio View Post
    I WASNT born with money i WAS born with nothing...my parents DONT have money when me and my brother was born...the only thing they have is determination...
    Sorry. I didn't mean to be so speculative and insensitive. A six-figure car is beyond my means unless I sell the house and dump my family. It's something I have no experience in.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    how do people get a hummer there?do they have a hummer dealership in philippines?....can i just get a RR or a LAMBO in philippines by just negotiating on a car importer there?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can get Ranger Rovers for 6-9m.... Hummers at around 6+. The new Range Rover Sport is particularly nice, and it starts around 5.5 for the diesel V6.

Lambo, not so sure. I may have been underestimating the tax and importation costs. The Porsche Carrera GT costs around 40m ( ), so a brand new Murcie may cost between 25-30m.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes... you can get ANY car that you want here in the Philippines c/o an seasoned importer.

Rollys Royces, Hummers & Lamborghinis can be ordered through them. Rule of thumb for luxury vehicles is to double the USDM SRP to get the PHDM retail price including tax & importation fees. Though the maintenance of these vehicles might cause give you headaches.

A more sensible option is to buy vehicles that have an official distributor here in the Philippines (BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    ...the maintenance of these vehicles might cause you headaches...

not to mention the insurance...some things to consider.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    magkano kaya monthly nito + insurance + interests

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
HELP me!