New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hi everyone!
    i badly need some expert advice regarding my '90 feroza. i'm the type who could drive but not really well-versed when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of car engines. got this second-hand ride last sunday only and it surprised me that i've already spent 800 pesos for unleaded gas for just 90 kms! asked a couple of friends and they said that it could be a problem with the spark plugs, the carb maybe, the gas gauge, or i might just need some time getting used to driving the car properly to make it more fuel efficient. now i'm confused.
    would greatly appreciate your replies. thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow lakas nga sa gas! Daig mo pa mga V8!

Try to get it checked sa reputable shop asap. Baka kulang lang sa tune-up.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before you take it to a shop check mo muna ito. diba 4x4 yan see if your front hubs are set to "free" and not "lock". Check you shifter, the 4wd light on your dash may not be working, see if it's in the 2Hi mode and not in the 4Hi or 4Low setting. oh and one more thing do not use your 4hi or 4low mode with the hubs lock in pave road. othe than that if the abovemention things checks out get a competent shop and have it tune up.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KdR921 View Post
    hi everyone!
    i badly need some expert advice regarding my '90 feroza. i'm the type who could drive but not really well-versed when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of car engines. got this second-hand ride last sunday only and it surprised me that i've already spent 800 pesos for unleaded gas for just 90 kms! asked a couple of friends and they said that it could be a problem with the spark plugs, the carb maybe, the gas gauge, or i might just need some time getting used to driving the car properly to make it more fuel efficient. now i'm confused.
    would greatly appreciate your replies. thanks in advance!
    grabe lakas nyan. I average about 40km/day pero nowhere near na gagastos ako ng almost 500/day.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    to bry, afrasay, & oldblue:

tnx so much 4 taking time out in replying to my problem; i definitely have a lot to learn about my ride. haven't used the car since i last posted my concern and m so tempted already to bring it to a shop.

anyway, will surely follow your advice. again, tnx a lot! balitaan ko kayo.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parusa nga yan

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kahit 2 lang ang kumakamot sa Feroza,- talagang malakas iyan sa gas, base sa experience namin.....

1801:fuzzy:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hey CVT, tnx for replying. anyway, this week i was able to bring up the gas consumption to around 6kms/liter. is that close enough to the highest that i could get?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've got a 4.0L V6 that drinks less gas that your truck and I'm a lead foot driver.

Help!!! Got A Gas Guzzling Feroza!