New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    181
    #1
    guys, is it ok to buy a 3rd hand car with the OR and CR still
    in the name of the 1st owner?

    if so, what is involved with the transfer of ownership?

    please help

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    473
    #2
    what's OR and what's CR, anyways?

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    171
    #3
    That will not pose a problem especially when you know personally the seller. To be certain bring the vehicle to TMG for marcro etching and secure clearance. I once owned a box type lancer (3rd owner ako) hindi ko pina transfer kasi kilala ko rin original owner gastos lang basta maayos papeles. Pero kung hindi mo kakilala hassle pag nag ka problem.

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    417
    #4
    Mahirap lang din dyan kung gusto mo palipat sa name mo and yung original owner e sa ibang region nya pinaregister. Kelangan mo pa patatakan dun sa region na un before being able to transfer the vehicle to your name. Yung oto ko kase previously registered sa Mindoro. Kagandahan lang kase kaibigan ko ung previous owner so sya nag-asikaso. Otherwise sakit sa ulo.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    181
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    That will not pose a problem especially when you know personally the seller. To be certain bring the vehicle to TMG for marcro etching and secure clearance. I once owned a box type lancer (3rd owner ako) hindi ko pina transfer kasi kilala ko rin original owner gastos lang basta maayos papeles. Pero kung hindi mo kakilala hassle pag nag ka problem.
    sang TMG sir? sa kapitolyo sa pasig? mabilis po ba yun
    o linggo ang hihintayin bago ma-clear?

    pero, kahit deed of sale at di na i-transfer ok lang din pala?

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    417
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hitomi View Post
    sang TMG sir? sa kapitolyo sa pasig? mabilis po ba yun
    o linggo ang hihintayin bago ma-clear?

    pero, kahit deed of sale at di na i-transfer ok lang din pala?
    Normal process ata is 2-3 days. Pero kung rush e dagdag 300 ata and you will get the clearance in a couple of hours. Scam pero what can you expect hehe.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    636
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    what's OR and what's CR, anyways?
    iirc, original receipt and certificate of registration, respectively.

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hitomi View Post
    guys, is it ok to buy a 3rd hand car with the OR and CR still
    in the name of the 1st owner?

    if so, what is involved with the transfer of ownership?

    please help
    Just ensure that you have all the copies of Deed of Absolute Sale between the 1st Owner and the 2nd Owner and of course the same document between you and the 2nd Owner. You'll be needing those docs when you decided to transfer the car under your name.

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    394
    #9
    pa clear mo muna sa TMG. kung cleared and wala ka namang plans to transfer it to your name ok lang yan. basta yung open deed of sale, signed by the original owner and xerox copy ng ID's nya w/ signature dapat nasayo. Gawa na lang kayo separate deed of sale ng current owner (for formality lang) w/ xerox rin ng ID's nya and signature. Para kayo na lang ang mag close ng deal. for your protection lang. Kasi nga if you have plans to transfer it to your name tapos sa malayo registered yung CR, kailangan mo pa puntahan yun.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,525
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    what's OR and what's CR, anyways?
    OR - official receipt. a new one is always given during vehicle registration.
    CR - certificate of registration. this document shows that the car/vehicle is duly registered with LTO, at the same time, shows the real owner of the vehicle. also shows some pertinent information of the vehicle like displacement, weight, etc.

help, 3rd owner