New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I dunno but sometimes in the course of car ownership there seem to be some cars that are more than just lemons. I am not normally superstitious but some of the cars I have owned have either been really good to me or just plain bad. One car comes to mind. It seemed to be an accident magnet and brought plain bad luck. Is it possible that an inanimate object can do that?

Like I hear sometimes here how a restaurant closes and they say "malas" ang location. That corner of Jupiter and Reposo in Makati comes to mind. Could it be true or just a fluke?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'd prefer to say less lucky kasi hindi naman saksakan ng malas pero less lucky than other cars and not due entirely to the cars fault. Dati may hand-me-down car ako -- first time ako itinirik ng car sa gitna ng EDSA/Conressional at hindi ko pa ma-repair on my own (buti may nagco-commute na mechanic from a gas station na pauwi na sana). This unit also got carnapped but was recovered before the insurance could pay. And before we disposed of it at a really low price? It got into a major collision. BTW, yung sa resto, may place din sa QC na ganyan dati. There was even a rumor about a tragedy there na parang naaksidenteng naatrasan nung tatay yung toddler niyang anak. Eventually, it got occupied by a fast food chain that is still thrivng there until now. Seems like demographics and targeting the right market rather than a jinx to me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yes. It's called a Mercedes-Benz. :swear:

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yes. It's called a Hyundai STAREX.

Have you ever had a jinxed car?