New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    H.I.D is nice to look at! Aside from that nothing more!!! Nakakasilaw kaya kapag d naka projector lights may pambili HID walang pambili projector lights!
    +1

and the marketing strategies of HID resellers here doesn't help a bit.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mahirap n bumiyahe sa ulan pag stock lights gamit mo... lalo pa pag naka HID ka wala na nakahi beam na HID pero naaabsorb ng ulan ung ilaw mo prone to accidents... better if stock lights tapos yellowish na foglamps...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    nope, it depends on the brand, di lahat ng HID is HID, may fake n HID, like ung mga mura. if u wanna go for a brighter HID, then dun ka sa may mga brand. Ang orig n hid is nag rarange from 25k and up (depende p s brand yun). I read it in the internet site, cant remember ung website.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Keep in mind that all retrofit kits are illegal in other markets irregardless of the brand because it is the lens optics of the stock headlamps that cannot handle the beam pattern of such retrofits.

Other retrofits use the name of the ballast supplier (e.g. Philips) as their BRAND NAME! Giving the buyer the impression that the kit was made by Philips (or whatever name brand they are using). Where in fact, whoever made the retrofit kit only bought parts from [insert big name manufacturer here].

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    OT lang po......Magkano po ba mga HID??? :groupwave:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, it's not a waste of money. Of course, not all HIDs are made equal, so you'll have to discriminate a little. Not to say that the really expensive ones are head-and-shoulders above the cheap ones, and that the cheap ones are all no good. There are good, affordable brands, but quality does have its price. If you get the right color, you'll get better illumination in wet or dry situations. Throw in the projector housing, and you'll get even much better illumination.

Status symbol? It used to be, I suppose, since only 'branded' HID kits were available, and these were quite expensive. Nowadays, the generic, taiwan-made kits are flooding the market.

But personally, I'm for the functionality of HID vs. stock/halogen. As to the looks, my 5000K set doesn't look much whiter than your average halogen.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i don't think that hid is a waste of money. just don't replace all headlights with them. mix it up with a little stock

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Stock HID Xenon (yung galing sa car manufacturer mismo as standard feature) is still the safest option for better light emission (than halogen/CSR halogen) yet at the same time the safest (hindi nakaksilaw unlike ung aftermarket 10000K bulbs).

As they say, if halogen headlamps are the incandescent bulbs of automobiles, then HID Xenon headlamps are its flourescent counterparts.

Of course in the future, there will be a new "flourescent" type of headlamps.

At ang tawag sa mga ito ay LED headlamps.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    stock HID good upgrade.

pero ung trying hard na HID bulok yan. that can be categorised as RICE.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
H.I.D...waste of money?????