New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hi guys,
    does anyone here know where i can buy the car navigation system with the Philippine map? i live in manila, i really confused with the street here and in other places,i often lost my way in the places where i'm not so familiar,so i want to have the car navigation system in my car.

below are the links of these GPS products,they are available in other countries, have you seen them here in the Phils?http://www.tomtom.com/products/categ...D=0&Language=4

http://www.pharosgps.com/products/ TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s600
    hi guys,
    does anyone here know where i can buy the car navigation system with the Philippine map? i live in manila, i really confused with the street here and in other places,i often lost my way in the places where i'm not so familiar,so i want to have the car navigation system in my car.
    Buy a pocket PC
    Choices:
    Mitac Mio 168

HP iPAQ 6515

These are available with the bundled GuideMe GPS map.
    These two Pocket PCs have built in GPS receivers. When you buy them they come with the Metro Manila map.
    Then get a car mount/holder so you can stick your Pocket PC on your dashboard.

The GuideMe software has been paid for by Mitac and HP so they are not available separately. The software is specially designed for the Pocket PC.

For built in Car Navigation systems, its going to be more difficult to get metro Manila maps as they maybe near non existent. The Maps required for these are normally supplied by the Car Navigation system maker.

By the way, current Metro Manila GPS Maps are not that accurate, you may be off by a few meters.
    Last edited by AG4; April 26th, 2006 at 12:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    looks expensive! hehehe. mag-last kaya battery nyan for a day pag parati naka-on yun screen?

to *s600, why not use a traditional foldable EZ Map? it's very helpful and useful. dati talagang noob ako sa Maynila, bec. of this nakabisado ko na din kahit papano pasikot-sikot dun.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    looks expensive! hehehe. mag-last kaya battery nyan for a day pag parati naka-on yun screen?
    Most if not all have a power saving mode, now if you really need the screen to be on most of the time I believe you can get a car adaptor/travel charger for these Pocket PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    why not use a traditional foldable EZ Map? it's very helpful and useful. dati talagang noob ako sa Maynila, bec. of this nakabisado ko na din kahit papano pasikot-sikot dun.
    As for the traditional Maps, CitiAtlas is also good, they come in big and small pocket book sizes.

PS: the HP iPAQ 6515 is also a Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE phone.
    Last edited by AG4; April 26th, 2006 at 06:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'd go with citiatlas if i were you. I got this book map and it really helps a lot! It also indicates if the road is a one or two way street

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    CitiAtlas is a life-saver.

Nice info, AG4... I didn't know that Manila GPS maps existed. Sucks that they're still not available for factory issue SatNavs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I keep a CitiAtlas book map handy in the car. Countless times, it has proven extremely useful to me, whether I'm looking for an unfamiliar street or simply plotting out an alternate route to avoid traffic.

There's an optional GPS accessory for my phone (Nokia 5140), kaya lang hindi pa refined yung GPS maps ng Metro Manila. Sayang lang ang gastos.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    A GPS navigation will give you an almost exact location of your car with respect to the street. The problem with phil streets is that most of them don't have street name signs or they are being blocked or could not be seen. Which is why it is sometimes hard to use the paper map plus the hassle of trying to read the map while driving which i don't recommend especially in our roads. A GPS navigation can direct you to your location althought it is not without errors. giving you freedom to drive safely.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828
    it is sometimes hard to use the paper map plus the hassle of trying to read the map while driving which i don't recommend especially in our roads.
    Common sense says, mahirap talaga yun.

I don't know about you, but I make sure to study the map before I get behind the wheel, Manila roads or otherwise. :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 2nd, 2006 at 02:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    As for the traditional Maps, CitiAtlas is also good, they come in big and small pocket book sizes.

eto rin gamit ko. sobrang nakakatulong...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
GPS car navigation system-where to buy?