New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I can trade in my 2000 cefiro at, for a 2nd hand 2006 1.3at sentra with less than 3000kms. My car has 90,000kms with the following problems: sinking brakes, minor front suspension work, and needs a washover. Dealer willing to get my car for 230,000. Sentra is being offered at 540,000 negotiable.

I like my car except I'm getting frustrated with the unending brake problem and fuel consumption. What is the going rate for my car?

How many km/L can I expect from the sentra? And can the sentra fit 4 adults and 2 kids?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Php230k is the average price of a '97 Cefiro. If you think the Sentra is in good condition, it's your call. The Sentra is around fair market value. It's your trade-in value that seems lowish.

Btw, is the Sentra the GX model with power windows and alloy wheels already?

Cramming six persons in a Sentra is not exactly my idea of fun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've crammed six people in the rear seat before, but that's not exactly something you want to do everyday. The Sentra's rear suspension is a tad soft, and if you expose it to heavy usage cycles, the bushings will start to squeak...

It's a five person car but you can fit two kids between two adults in the back, but you're out of luck when they start growing.

540k is okay for a new Sentra 1.3... but like OTEP said, make sure it has the power options already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    At 540k, I guess that's the entry level Sentra. Hindi pa yata power side mirrors yan. And since you're coming from a Cefiro, you'll certain miss certain creature comforts if you decide on a Sentra. I never liked its aesthetics though, parang...ano ba...ummm...hard to describe eh.

Suffice to say na pag tao, pangit!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I can trade in my 2000 cefiro at, for a 2nd hand 2006 1.3at sentra with less than 3000kms. My car has 90,000kms with the following problems: sinking brakes, minor front suspension work, and needs a washover. Dealer willing to get my car for 230,000. Sentra is being offered at 540,000 negotiable.

I like my car except I'm getting frustrated with the unending brake problem and fuel consumption. What is the going rate for my car?

How many km/L can I expect from the sentra? And can the sentra fit 4 adults and 2 kids?

TIA
    a cefiro for a sentra?!?!?!?! your totally downgrading ..... baka naman kaya pa ayusin yung mga brakes just bring it to a reputable shop to fix it .. sayang e your really swapping out a great car .. for a ... 1.3 sentra na after mo blhin babagsak pa todo yung presyo

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    a cefiro for a sentra?!?!?!?! your totally downgrading ..... baka naman kaya pa ayusin yung mga brakes just bring it to a reputable shop to fix it .. sayang e your really swapping out a great car .. for a ... 1.3 sentra na after mo blhin babagsak pa todo yung presyo
    I know. Its just that I already had my brakes checked by at least 3 reputable shops and still the same. Its been sitting in Nissan QA since tuesday and every time they think its fixed, ok sa road test, the problem will pop up again after a few hours. They have replaced the brake master and are now testing the brake booster. I got a feeling its going to be very expensive. Also fuel consumption is killing my wallet; 5km/l 95 octane. Its my wife who is kinda pressuring me to get a more economical car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    if you already made up your mind on selling your cefiro, i suggest that instead of getting a 1.3 sentra just get the 1.6J m/t altis it gets me 10km/l plus its all power with 1 airbag and very very reliable plus it holds it price just a suggestion

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have not really decided. If Nissan can fix it for a reasonable amount then I will use the car. As for the gas consumption, I am seriously interested in converting to lpg. I know my fuel consumption will increase but at least its cheap fuel. I'll still save on cost per kilometer.

I just hope that there is nothing wrong with the brake booster. I asked around in Banawe and it is selling for 35K Of course cheaper if surplas from 7500 to 10k still expensive.

However, if total repairs for the brakes, suspension (most likely sa cruven), lpg conversion and washover (optional) will be too expensive then I might just sell at a loss.

Does anyone know if casa will accept and install parts from other suppliers. Say I bring a surplass unit. Is it advisable to use surplas for the brake system or will it be dangerous?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They should accept parts. The only reason they insist on their parts is for warranty purposes (and to make lots of cash...)... They might dick you on the job or repair warranty, though, so ask them first.

I've been in that situation, too... having a big car that I really like, but was really burning a hole in my pocket. You'll feel bad downgrading, yes, but after a while, you get over it...

And the most joy a car can give you is to be economical and reliable, so a newer, smaller car will make you very happy...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In most cases, the repair shop is just an independent shop contracted by the casa to work under their roof.

Kia Quezon Ave. and GM Quezon Ave. have that set up so they are free to accept any brand for servicing. Kia Quezon Ave.'s paintshop is on sale right now. They prepare Kia showcars, too.

Why don't you just get a new Sentra? Nissan has lots of incentives on the Sentra.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
is this a good deal