New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas ok nga gated actually, the only gears wherein you "shouldn't" need to look at is N and D, the rest you have to anyway (except for P and L/1, I guess since dulo sila).

The gate takes out the button in straight shifters.

In straight shifters, you don't have to press the switch from R-N-D

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Tama mga nagsabe na mas madali ang gate. I use an Optra with a gated shifter and it's easier to use it without looking at the shifter or indicator compared to conventional matics. Nakabisado ko na un pwesto. :D hehehe. Ang ginagawa dito para mag reverse or shift to park i ppress down mo lang un shifter instead of having a button at the side or on top.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR
    ...Nakabisado ko na un pwesto...
    A ok. Yun yung sinasabi ko, pag di mo kabisado yung gating nung shifter mapapatingin ka ngayon sa lever para malaman mo kung pano ishoot yung kambyo. Anyway, sanayan din nga lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Benzes have been using gated shifters for a very looooong time. Yes, the are easier to use (as compared to the non-gated ones in our other vehicles). And you don't have to push a button.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    and it appears from the outside that you're driving a stick instead of an A/T ... kunyari :-)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sa non-gated AT shifters is it ok to always press the button when changing gears? or should you stick what is stated sa manual na on certain gears lang?

also for gated AT shifters, mahirap ba masanay without pushing the button? and instead pushing down the shifter itself?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is nothing to push on a gated shifter. You just work it through the gates.

You can always push the buttons on non-gated ones. Walang masisira pero nakakapagod naman yun sa daliri mo kung pwede namang hindi na pindutin na diba.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

sa non-gated AT shifters is it ok to always press the button when changing gears? or should you stick what is stated sa manual na on certain gears lang?
    From R-to-N-to-D you don't have to press, from N-to-R-to-P you have to press it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung MDX ko dati gated ang A/T shifter. Safty feature daw sabi sa MDX club pero minsan nao-over shoot ko pa den pag gusto kong mag down/up shift manually. Depende siguro sa positions ng gears sa shifter. Yung sa MDX kasi nasa baba lang ng 4 yung 3rd gear kaya minsan nao-over shoot ko yung 4th gear.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    column mounted shifters of the crv can also be considered as gated shifters sideways

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gated matic shifters