New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    What's the purpose of those gated A/T shifters? I've never driven a car with one but I have this notion that you would have to look at the lever everytime you shift as compared to the conventional straight shifters that you only slide forward or backward.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sa alam ko pamporma lang! ive driven one sa altis at benz same lang naman sa normal matic ang gated e as in sakto lng naslislide mo rin from N to D etc etc from R to N de mo na rin kailngan pindutin button na usually sa normal na matic meron pag R P etc etc so basically porma lang to sa alam ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gated makes shifting without looking down at the console easier. aside from looking snazzier, it makes sure that you won't overshoot the setting that you want to go to.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Shifters that aren't gated have a button that you have to press in order to move the shifter from position to another. Gated shifter get rid of this button.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    1st ever na gated shifter na nakita ko is yung sa jaguar sobrang astig hehe letter J eh... gated shifter nga masmaganda at the same time yung mga invecs etc type of matic gated ang shifter para pwedeng ilipat to +- pag gusto magmanual

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the innova has a gated shifter, i like it actually. feels expensive lol

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Para madaling mapalitan ng Levoc. Momo, Sparco or Razo shift knob.

May indicator naman sa dash kung anong mode na siya eh... so there's no real reason to look at the gate indicators anyway... lalo na't A/T

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntman
    Shifters that aren't gated have a button that you have to press in order to move the shifter from position to another. Gated shifter get rid of this button.

hindi pa rin chief, pwede rin in some circumstances e .. like shifting from R - N, you dont have to press the button, however, N - R, you need to press.

imo, its porma started by MB(?) actually, sanayan lang yung gated shifter. . .
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My dad had a benz before, it was a late 70's or early 80's model he brought along from germany, it had a gated shifting thingy. Kala ko dati lahat ng matic ganun. Pero sa honda ko, yung plain shifter lang. I guess it probably is cheaper to produce if non gated.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ahhh, it allows the dealer to increase the price of the vehicle by 5%?

hehehehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gated matic shifters