New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Dudes, juz been to Gaspeed, naginquire ako about improving sana my cars performance. I have a honda city'97 1.3 manual. meron na ko air intakes under the hood. i was planning na sana to have full exhaust, headers to mufflers done sana sa Fremuff. But recently i went to Gaspeed, they gave naman suggestions, either a displacement up (1.3 to 1.5), kaso lang P30,000 daw gagastusin ko. Or i get na lang their turbo kit plus full exhaust at only P17,000. Is this good na ba? may disadvantages ba kaya ang turbo in the long run, gaya ng mataas ang maintenance cost? It will greatly improve my cars performance daw than by having headers alone. Ano guys. ok na ba itong offer?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess your post should be more appropriate in the "WORKSHOP"or "CAR TALK" forums.

Anyways, for a 1.3 liter car, the best upgrade is to change engine (engine swap) to a higher displacement one such as a 1.5 liter honda engine. for more hp/torque, you can later on install a turbo to the 1.5 liter engine (there are a lot of bolt on kits for honda engines) where response to forced induction will be exponentially greater than in a 1.3 engine. the power-to-weight ratio of the City with a naturally aspirated 1.5 liter engine will be more than sufficient for your needs.

the cost of installing a turbo charger or any forced induction kits to a 1.3 liter engine may not be worth the eventual hp/torque increase.

of course, the best upgrade anybody may consider with reasonable cost would be to enroll in a driving school such as that of the Tuason brothers or the Ramirez' brothers school hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    curious... what does that P17,000 turbo kit (and full exhaust) come with?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    curious... what does that P17,000 turbo kit (and full exhaust) come with?
    I really dont know... take this offer with a grain of salt as it is pretty cheap... do keep in mind the addage that "you get what you pay for". Most good turbo jobs on cars cost around 100K more or less AFAIK. YOu also have to take into consideration your fuel system, brakes, and suspension.

It might be more feasible in the long run to do an engine swap or even sell your car and get one with a bigger engine and better brakes.

My .002

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    turbo and exhaust for 17T??? you must be joking!!! kahit surplus kunin mo di aabot ng ganyan na price yan. or baka kulang kulang yung parts ng kit nila which will make you end up spending more in the long run.

please take time to think about what you're planning and do some research on turbos before you actually implement something like that. you might not know what you're getting into and magsisi ka lang in the future.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mr. Realitycheck,

17K Pesoses for a turbo and exhaust is a big joke just like what Mr. Speedy says. Whoever gave you that price is taking you for a ride.

you have a 1300cc engine, even if you had a full-exhaust and intake upgrades, you will not get that much power from a 1300cc engine. Assuming you turboed your 1300cc engine, there will be gains but it's not worth the money you will spend.

The best way to improve the performance of your car is to replace your entire engine with one that has a bigger displacement, like a B16. Then you can turbo it if you are really serious about power, or just leave it as it is since a B16 series engine packs around 160HP already. You can ask the other Honda guys, I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Do not believe that 17K Pesos Turbo kit they are offering you, I'm pretty sure that's "C R A P"

HTH

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ask them what the exact components are that are included in the 17T tapus post mo dito para masabi namin sayo kung bogus yan o hindi.

pero i would think that going to a 1.5 engine would be a more reliable way of making power especially if you plan to keep the car for a long time

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ask them what the exact components are that are included in the 17T tapus post mo dito para masabi namin sayo kung bogus yan o hindi.

pero i would think that going to a 1.5 engine would be a more reliable way of making power especially if you plan to keep the car for a long time
    I agree if you want more H.P buy a higher engine or swap it..then set it up to get more H.P...

Maghanap ka muna sa ibang shop huwag lang dyan sa GASPEED 17,000 LANG to have a turbo and an exhaust....kalokohan...

Naku GASPEED talaga...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    am pretty sure that the 17K will only give you a surplus turbo and your exhaust kit, and nothing more...

take note that numerous engine tweaks and modifications are still needed to harness the turbo's power

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, 17K is good enough for a surplus turbo, exhaust manifold and MAYBE surplus bigger injectors. No blow-off valve, no rising rate fuel regulator, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaspeed Turbo Kit