New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Hi folks, i would really appreciate your inputs. We have idle farmland approx 2000sqm roadside about 1km from the town proper somewhere in the province. We were aproached by a neighbor who wants to lease the land to put up a gas station. His offer was 10k a month for 10yrs. Why he doesn't want to put it up on his own land beside ours is beyond me. And i think the price is too cheap considering the land might not be useable anymore after 10yrs. How do i properly valuate this? I believe the running rate per sqm is roughly 2k-3k in the area. The land is idle though and doesnt get much use other than the occasional banana harvest for the family's consumption so 10k monthy is better than (almost) nothing. I just dont think 10k monthly is a fair deal and would appreciate inputs on how we could get a better and more equitable deal (if at all). Many thanks!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Location?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cadayjerry View Post
    in my computation, NET income on 80KL volume (40% gasoline and 60% diesel) for branded station like petron bulilit is more or less equivalent to 20KL sales volume of a generic station with the same gaso to diesel sales ratio.
    Highly dependent on where you are. If you're in an area with high pump prices like Baguio, then yes, there's probably a 4:1 spread between the margins of a branded station and a generic one. At almost 60 pesos per liter for gasoline, of course your margins are over 10 pesos per liter vs the usual 2.50-4.00/L that branded stations give.

But if you go to an area with compressed prices like Bamban or Gerona in Tarlac, the spread is much smaller. In fact there were times when I was practically making negative margins since we were matching pump prices of generics while keeping the assured 4 and 2.50 which were higher than what the generics were getting due to the price war in the area.
    10m is too much for a small gasoline station. specially for a petron bulilit where the company will be shouldering almost 50% of the cost.
    10M is actually on the low side of a decent branded station (approx 600-1500 sqm) in the province. Have built several branded stations and they range from about 8-15M depending on the size and finish. These of course are built to the company's higher standards - no Beilin dispensers here, all Tatsuno. A current project I'm helping out on inside Metro Manila is already over 25M+; company owned of course.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; July 28th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Double post...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Location?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    4th class town in the province along the nautical highway...

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Highly dependent on where you are. If you're in an area with high pump prices like Baguio, then yes, there's probably a 4:1 spread between the margins of a branded station and a generic one. At almost 60 pesos per liter for gasoline, of course your margins are over 10 pesos per liter vs the usual 2.50-4.00/L that branded stations give.
    bumaba na pump price in baguio city (minus 5 pesos) due to protest initiated by the congressman but still mataas pa rin compared to nearby provinces. as of today, generic stations in baguio city earn 5 to 7 pesos on diesel and 12 to 16 pesos mark up on gasoline. pump price of branded stations are higher by 4 to 5 pesos compared to generics so i supposed the big three are earning too much in baguio city.

my area is one of those with lowest pump price in la union. generic mark up is only 2-3 pesos on diesel and 8 to 9 pesos on gasoline.

may tanong lang ako. 2.5 to 4 pesos mark-up ba talaga bigay branded to all of their franchisee including the bulilit one? ang sabi ng mga petron bulilit stations dito 1.3 pesos on the average mark up nila sa diesel and 1.7 pesos on on the average sa gasoline. ganon daw kaliit so hindi mo sila masisi kung magpapa dumping sila from outside sources. also when i inquire before sa petron on the mark up, hindi rin ganon kalaki bigay nila so i decided to go generic. there are three petron bulilit near my area and i talk to the owners from time to time concerning price movements. of course i also inquire on their capital investments so i have an idea on how much a petron bulilit cost.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    10M is actually on the low side of a decent branded station (approx 600-1500 sqm) in the province. Have built several branded stations and they range from about 8-15M depending on the size and finish. These of course are built to the company's higher standards - no Beilin dispensers here, all Tatsuno. A current project I'm helping out on inside Metro Manila is already over 25M+; company owned of course.

tanong kasi ng proponent ng tread na ito is yong pinakamura and pinakamaliit na gasoline station so i was thinking of the usual maliliit na petron bulilit stations and not those stations that will cost 10 million and above. ang investment lang kasi na alam ko sa petron bulilit is the land preparation and development, fencing, driveway pavement,canopy and the permits and licenses. dispensers, UGTs and signages will be provided by the company including the cost of installation.

anyway, wide range of replies will give a good input for the thread starter to explore his options on the range of capital investments to built a gasoline station that will suit his proposed budget.

thanks bro for sharing your knowledge on the petroleum industry. i'm learning more.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Mga magkanu sir sa petron? Ang puhunan na need sa pinaka maliit na posible. Tangalin na natin ang cost sa lupa.. target po sana naman yung pinaka murang gas na pwding e binta. Kasi may shell narin sa amin na malapit..
    pinaka maliit na possible sa petron? i'll share a tentative computation if you are talking about a petron bulilit station:

1. Basic clearances, permits and licenses (Building and occupancy Permit, DENR ECC, DOE Compliance Certificate, BIR Registration, Barangay and Mayors permit, SSS and Philhealth Registration)= 100,000 to 300,000 depende sa area mo kung mahirap maglakad mga papeles.
    2. Land Development = depende sa site mo kong marami kailangan i develop like backfill, riprap, drainage system and excavations
    3. building the canopy = 9 x 12 meters - malaki na yan for a two pump 4 hoses or 6 hoses each pump with one center island. 800,000 to 1.2 million = cladding and signages will be provided by petron including the cost of installation.
    4. drive way improvement and pavement for a 400 square meter. 600,000.
    5. cashiers booth, CR, air and water system = 200,000 to 300,000.
    6. initial stock = 1.5 million
    7. cash bond 200K

Total estimate: 4.1 million = mataas na yan. actually yong ibang petron bulilit na maliliit talaga cost around 3 to 3.5 million lang. yong initial stock mo pwede na 1 million.

malaki din kasi counterpart petron like the underground tanks, fuel dispensers and signages. sila na rin mag install dyan including the pipe lay out. training ng mga attendants sila na rin.

yon nga lang maliit talaga kita pag nag franchise ka.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    bumaba na pump price in baguio city (minus 5 pesos) due to protest initiated by the congressman but still mataas pa rin compared to nearby provinces. as of today, generic stations in baguio city earn 5 to 7 pesos on diesel and 12 to 16 pesos mark up on gasoline. pump price of branded stations are higher by 4 to 5 pesos compared to generics so i supposed the big three are earning too much in baguio city.

my area is one of those with lowest pump price in la union. generic mark up is only 2-3 pesos on diesel and 8 to 9 pesos on gasoline.

may tanong lang ako. 2.5 to 4 pesos mark-up ba talaga bigay branded to all of their franchisee including the bulilit one? ang sabi ng mga petron bulilit stations dito 1.3 pesos on the average mark up nila sa diesel and 1.7 pesos on on the average sa gasoline. ganon daw kaliit so hindi mo sila masisi kung magpapa dumping sila from outside sources. also when i inquire before sa petron on the mark up, hindi rin ganon kalaki bigay nila so i decided to go generic. there are three petron bulilit near my area and i talk to the owners from time to time concerning price movements. of course i also inquire on their capital investments so i have an idea on how much a petron bulilit cost.
    If you're based in LU, we can meet up if you wanna know more about the offers of different gasoline stations.

Petron's Bulilit model has low capital outlay but also lower margins. Shell's dealer-owned model makes you spend for everything but also offer higher margins for the first 5 years to make it easier to recoup margins. Company-owned stations are all financed by the parent company and you come in as a operator and fund the working capital (inventory and manpower mostly) - margins are smaller of course but volume for these stations are so much higher.

For generics, you're completely on your own with no price protection for big rollbacks (usually 24-48 hrs for branded) and you also don't get marketing or maintenance support. But if you can get reliable supply with good prices, you can end up being very profitable. Centrum in the north is a prime example.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005

For generics, you're completely on your own with no price protection for big rollbacks (usually 24-48 hrs for branded) and you also don't get marketing or maintenance support. But if you can get reliable supply with good prices, you can end up being very profitable. Centrum in the north is a prime example.

yah one of my gas station is based in la union but im from baguio. my supplier is actually owner of a shell gas station so i have access on weekly price movements (mops trajectory) 5 to 7 days before the actual price movement. pag may rollback, konti lang order ko just enough for the week pero pag may price increase pupunuin ko ugts and the overhead tanks.

good to hear inputs on the company owned gas stations. my knowledge is limited on the model of a petron bulilit station since i applied before but cancelled my application due to the very low income as compared to a generic station. ang laki ng agwat kasi halos kinukuha ng company yong kita mo.

in terms of generic naman, kakilala ko almost 50% of the owners of generic stations in baguio city and la trinidad.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    [QUOTE=jut703;2989032]Highly dependent on where you are.

sir jut affiliate ka ba sa petron?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast