New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you can estimate the kind of load you would be carrying on your daily drive, me formula ba para makapili ka ng car with the proper displacement/hp/torque/wheel drive configuration?

let's say you intend to deliver stuff, e.g. office supplies, family members, furniture...me way ba to know what vehicle specs you really need?

medyo nagtataka lang kc ako coz i tend to see a lot of suzuki vans used to deliver water...e mga 1.0L lang mga to, but 4x4(tama ba?), so i'm starting to think it's not just about engine displacement and rated hp/torque

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for hauling, you need more torque than HP. (pang deliver)
    for family, you need torque to pass and at the same time, you need hp to achieve max speed for faster arrival.

heavy loads dapat RWD or 4x4?! Nakakita na kse ako ng sasakyan na FWD tapos loaded ng karga, naka taas yung front at may tendency na mag slip lang ang front kse nasa likod lahat ng load. more traction sa needed where the weight is. and the more weight on the heavy spot, more grip di ba?

I think...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    madalas nga ako makakita ng corolla XL taxi na lubog na lubog ung likod, so it would seem nakaangat ung front

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sagged rear suspension po ang mga taxi's, kadalasan kasi overloaded yung passengers.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tataka ako... kung alin faster... say a b16 with 160 hp and 125 yata torque... or k20 with 155hp and 175torque.. im not sure with the figures po.. nanghuhula lang ako.. but which is faster kaya on the same car.. say a civic...?? roughly lang po figures.. so sana wala magreklamo ehehehe.. and sana po walang sumagot ng depende sa drayber... say both are driven by one driver... same lahat... hehehe... tnx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malaki ang epekto ng gearing

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ang transmission ratios nila saka axle ratio?

Factor din ang power losses as the power travels from the engine to the wheels. Iba ang HP rating sa flywheel (what manufacturers quote), sa HP rating sa drive wheels (what the dynamometer tests).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

formula for matching load n hp/torque