New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yesterday at the entrance of our subdivision, two cars had a minor fender bender. One Civic and one Revo. Unfortunately, this happened at the corner of the entrance and on a major road. What was worse is that the owners of the cars seemed like they didn't mind the traffic they were causing. Traffic was backed up inside and outside the subdivision for nearly a kilometer. It seemed that they were waiting for a policeman to make an investigation report or something. They didn't mind that a lot of people were cursing them already and shouting at them to move their cars.

My question would be is that, do you need to stay there and wait for the police? My take on it is that you should settle it immediately and remove your cars from the area to avoid further traffic. If they need an investigation report, just take pictures of the collision and the surrounding areas and give it to the police to file it. In the advent of camera cellphones, this shouldn't take that long.

Nakakainis kasi na naperwisyo na sila, nandadamay pa ng iba.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, dapat pics agad from different angle then just move the cars involved. Dami talaga ganyan...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka mga old school iyan.

Sa Pilipinas at UAE na nga lang ata uso iyang hindi gumagalaw after a crash.

May forensics naman para gamitin ng imbestigador in case conflicting ang statements.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yes, it is annoying. Unfortunately, most insurance companies require police reports to process a claim. And since it's almost impossible to find a policeman/traffic officer (at times when you need them) we almost always, have to leave the vehicles in the exact location of the accident and wait (and cause horrendous traffic). I agree that a photo of the scene of the accident is the best solution to augment the 'scene of the accident police report.' I do hope progressive insurance companies allow this in the future.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mas maganda kung may mga police within the immediate vicinity, pero kung wala, pictures will do. If both parties are amenable to filing a police report, it's better.

When I was involved in an accident one time, walang pulis, ni traffic enforcer. And neither of us was able to take a picture of the scene (we were only able to take pictures of our own damages a few days later). I had been willing to file a police report pero the other party declined, nagmamadali daw siya. Kahit notarized affidavit, wala kami. When I referred it to my insurance company for the claims, they just asked us to provide a few personal details, plus a short description of the circumstances surrounding the accident, signed by me and the other party.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Yes, it is annoying. Unfortunately, most insurance companies require police reports to process a claim. And since it's almost impossible to find a policeman/traffic officer (at times when you need them) we almost always, have to leave the vehicles in the exact location of the accident and wait (and cause horrendous traffic). I agree that a photo of the scene of the accident is the best solution to augment the 'scene of the accident police report.' I do hope progressive insurance companies allow this in the future.
    Yeah. I wonder what the insurance companies do with the police reports anyway. What would happen if they identified that one or the other was at fault or no one was at fault?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had two fender benders during the past 10 years of driving.

the first was in my old car....unfortunately, walang akong insurance, tapos walang perang pambayad yung nakabanga sa akin na lolo in an ownertype jeep. so ginawa ko, pinabayaan ko na lang... did not even bother getting a police report.

yung second was mga 4 years ago, in dagupan city, while driving a company car. my fault actually, so i just got some pictures of the scene of the accident, got the contact information of the other party, and filed a police report. was over with in less than 15 minutes.. after taking pictures, tinabi na namin yung mga oto namin. then went straight off to baguio.

after i went back to office sa manila, submitted the documents to our corporate affairs division, sila na nagayos ng insurance. insurance na lumakad lahat ng repair ng company car tsaka yung repair ng nabangga ko.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Yeah. I wonder what the insurance companies do with the police reports anyway. What would happen if they identified that one or the other was at fault or no one was at fault?
    Yeah, I have the same question in mind. Perhaps it's the insurer's proof that the accident is genuine? Any tsikoteers out there work for an insurance company?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapag minor ang damages, hindi na kailangan ng police report.

Pwede na ang affidavit.

Fender Benders - what do you need to do?