New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Somebody I know who will be leaving for Canada to migrate is selling his BMW E30 M3 (1989). His M3 is bone stock and was purchased a couple of years ago in the grey market. It has logged almost 98thousand kms. already though it is seems to be well maintained. Probably a wash-over paint is the only thing needed.

Will this still be a good buy given the high mileage of the car? Secondly, is anybody here in the board familiar with the maintenance cost/parts of these babies, i.e. E30 M3's.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much is he selling it?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    im considering replacing one of our jap sedans for an e30... ok kaya ito..i also want to know about the maintenance, parts etc etc...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    E30 M3 is a very nice car! We see at least 2 during BRC track days, and they run with the porkers and evos.

BMW should still be able to service the E30 M3. Their M division still makes the engine for it even though the car is long out of production because some racers prefer it even over the newer E36 and E46 M3s. If ever you decide not to take it please PM me some contact info.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woodfire,
    Buy it, if the price is right.
    Desireable fun to drive car yan.

splerdu,
    FR Drift? :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok, I'll request for a couple of days test drive and haggle for the price.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know a guy who owned one before (E30 M3). He said that the E30 is one of the best BMW platforms and its quite easy to maintain he added (i dont know if this includes the M Version).

I could give you his contact info if you want to ask some Q's.

He sold his E30 M3 for an '98 S14 200SX/Silvia m/t (one of the two in the PI, the rest are a/t's).

BTW, you need someone to accompany you on the test drive? hehehe... :P

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e30 m3 - the blueprint of all m3's that came after it! get it! i insist!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    98++kms is quite reasonable for a 14 yr. old car. my brother used to own one. one of the best handling sports coupes on the planet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's one helluva car! yep i was at brc last sat and there were i think three E30 M3s which did many laps with evo6s and 7s. though yung isang M3 nagcrack yung distributor rotor nya during his run. but nagawan ng paraan and was still able to take it home! :mrgreen: sabi nila baliktad sa bmw.. mas mura ang aftermarket performance parts like stroker kit. sa mga japanese cars, mas mahal naman usually ang aftermarket hi-performance parts. alagaan nyo lang yung electrical system ng bmw like the alternator. though i know of one E30 M3 na naka japanese alternator na hehe hindi na bosch :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast