New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006

I'm referring to the day or night before you finally got your hands on your first brand new car at the dealership or second hand car or any "new" ride for you

How did you feel? Never slept the whole night? Nervous? Excited? (understatement hehe).

I'm sure that you still remember even just a little...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I'm referring to the day or night before you finally got your hands on your first brand new car at the dealership or second hand car or any "new" ride for you

How did you feel? Never slept the whole night? Nervous? Excited? (understatement hehe).

I'm sure that you still remember even just a little...
    I felt excited kase I was just in first year college and I got this brand new Lancer GLXi na automatic pa! Black in color with no tint! Natakot din ako kase alam ko sa Taft mahirap mag park kaya I made sure when I got the car na and drove it to school, I left the house before 6am everyday! Haaay Memories! hehehehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    My very first car was a '92 Honda Accord and was just a hand-me-down from my mom and yung first car na talaga ako bumili was a used '97 Mitsu Eclipse GS back in 1999 talagang di ako mapakali the night before. I was tossing and turning and I didnt get any sleep at all . The previous owner was a HS kid and the was not really driven around. It only had 14K miles. I was so excited signing the papers at the dealership and couldnt wait to get out of there to show my brother my car cuz he wanted one so bad. I drove it for 10 mos and traded it for a brand new 2000 Mitsu Eclipse GS.
    Last edited by tinky; August 26th, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My first car was an '89 Lancer back in Manila, it was a hand-me-down but it had a lot of accidents na that made it look...err...chop-chop. I mean, when my parents got home they used the bumper to feel the garage wall. That pushed the front bumper inwards, pango siya eventually. The car's trunk was pushed in and the car was sandwiched when a bus accidentally bumped it daw, so the trunk was badly painted. The rear windshield was broken due to falling debris when my mom parked it near a construction site. When I removed the rear seat, true enough I saw broken glass still hidden (this revelation was around 2001 na). Then there came the mismatched paint, and no power steering, and mismatched tires (two Good Years, one Sime Darby, one other I forgot). The rear springs eventually gave way and so it was bouncing heavily. It was a bare 1.3L EL model with barely 70hp (I just recently found this out hehe) and the AC wasn't the best (read: it would be surprising if it worked well and blew cold)...needless to say I wanted our other car, the '95 Corolla, to drive around. It was 1997 or 1998 back then. I sometimes used the Corolla during color coding days or when I needed the good AC

For my first car here in the US, the night before I was browsing Benzworld.org on stuff about how to maintain my '83 300D. Kept on browsing, looking at Car Domain pics, reference pages, etc. First impression, grabe ang bigat nito parang tanke talaga I mean it was a diesel, it was slow, the steering wheel was huge, and it felt old. Of course I've done a lot to it since so it doesn't feel as old as it did.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i was practically glued to the phone the whole day talking to my SA, making sure that everything is in order, so that i can get the car the following day. i was very excited the night before. couldn't really sleep as well as i kept on tossing and turning also... i was itching my way to go the dealership first thing in the morning... felt really ecstatic when i finally laid my hands on the steering wheel and drove it out of the dealership.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Excited and sad...excited of the new car, sad of the new monthly amortization.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siyempre excited...I was in HS 2nd yr around '92-'93.....a blue corolla 16 valave yun before GLI.....I bet most of the guys here nun HS corolla din ang car...hehehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    like an expectant father

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nothing, parang normal lang. Sa license ako hindi nakatulog, kasi after ko makuha yun, ako nagdrive pauwi from LTO.

Maybe this week I might get my first car under my name, so yeah maybe I won't be able to sleep

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I feel nothing, but driving home my new acquistion for the first time really makes me nervous.

I even forget to shift gears.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How did you feel the night before you got your car?