New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will work as a daily driver. It's your choice.

But don't tell us that we didin't warn you about the maintenance costs. Wear items like brake pads, clutches, tires cost much more than your average joe Lancer or even some Executive class sedans and SUV's and you will have to replace them at one point or another. And since you will not really be using the vehicle to its full potential, it's up to you to decide whether owning an EVO for the sake of owning an EVO is worth the higher maintenance cost.

And if you have people riding with you (gf, grandparents, parents, etc.), medyo mahihiya ka sa kanila because of the harsh ride. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yan basta gusto mo ung kotse.... kelangan lang talaga pagsabihan mo ung brother mo....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *threadstarter

Ay sus! Iho kung kursonada mo talaga yan at kaya mong bilin at alam mo ang drawbacks nito, i'd say go for it!!! Why would you listen to other people's opinions on YOUR purchase decision when obviously other people have different priorities and considerations.

Impress and satisfy yourself dude! The mere thought of wanting an Evo means throwing practicality and reason out the window, but hey at the end of the day YOU HAVE WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED. If it turns out to be a nightmare, then sell the damn thing.... at least you tasted what an Evo feels like and you can die telling yourself you actually owned one of the greater Japanese sports cars ever.... kesa naman nagsisisi ka na "sayang sana bumili ako niyan when i had a chance".

By the way... nothing beats waking up and seeing something mean in your garage... for me it's my bike... for you... alam mo na yun.

About your brother.... tell him he can save up and buy his own stuff. Ang saya niyan if he crashes your dream :evillaugh

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i am going to guess that 75% of Evo owners worldwide are not regular car racers :hihihi:
    That would work when applied to Ferrari or Porsche owners... simply because they buy them for prestige... but an Evo? Maybe a lot of people buy them for the wrong reason, but they sure as heck don't keep them long. I've seen a lot of low-mileage Evos for sale on the secondhand market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung si kapatid ang problema mo eh di huwag mong pahawakin ng susi...manigas kamo siya

hala pabili ka na ng evo at wag mo kaming kalimutang imbitahin sa isang EB ha ;)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may kilala ako bibili ng Evo as a weekend car. tsaka considered "exotic" na daw kasi dahil hindi na Lancer platform ng EvoX.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang yan... most people here anyway are not racers... as long as you know the limit of your driving ability and the car that you are driving you'll be safe. The only time that an Evolution will be unsafe is if you do something really stoopid with it (such as trying to take the EDSA-to-Greenhills flyover at a speed over 100kph but chickening out at the last minute and you slam on the brakes too hard and fishtail ).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sabi nga ng kaibigan kong may evo7 ..lumaki na nga raw yung boobs ng GF niya..sa tigas ng suspension.(tuwang-tuwa naman si loko).problema lang..pati boobs niya lumalaki na rin.:lol:

tama sila, kung gagawin ninyong pang daily drive ang evo..nakakapagod lang talaga ang evo or sti..malakas sa gas..high maintenance (change oil *every 5k km)..brake pads, tires & etc,etc...

racer ka or hindi, kahit PINK pa ang color ng EVO ninyo..wag mo ng intindihin kung ano pa sasabihin nila sa inyo.wala na silang PAKI..

pero, medyo nalito ako sa tanong ng thread starter...tanong ba niya kung delikado or nakaka-hiya ang mag-drive ng evo sa isang non-racer driver?

Last edited by hens; July 26th, 2007 at 03:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    para sakin sir suggest ko lang kung ano gusto niyo at sa tingin ay masasatisfy talaga kayo yun ang gawin niyo.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not naysaying in general, but personally, if you don't like speed, buying the Evo would be a waste of money.

It's not any more luxurious than a regular Lancer. The Lancer 2.0 GT (900k only) has nicer seats than the Evo IX RS and a more comfortable ride. The stereo on the GT is kick-ass, to boot.

It's not exactly a "you've arrived" kinda car. Yes, it gets lots of looks, but it's noisy and pretty flashy... some of those looks will be "I'm impressed" looks, some will be: "you boyracer!"

In other words... if you're buying a Mitsubishi and you want to make an impression... go buy the Eclipse. It's got a huge engine with lots of torque, so it makes a good long distance cruiser. It's got a softer suspension, so it's more comfortable day-to-day. And it's got "style" written all over it. You could park it next to an Audi TT or a BMW Z4 (both of which cost twice as much) and you still wouldn't feel bad about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Evo for Non-Racer