New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    i dont think you have to be a racer to own such a car. all you have to be is a responsible and disiplined driver. that somethimes when you feel like it would like let go (shempre on safe situations) and get some adrenaline rush.
    Yun yun yun yung addict sa adrenaline rush na yan ang bumibili ng evo at palagyan mo ng roll cage para sa brother mong hindi matanggihan.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    It's like buying a plasma/lcd tv only to use it for local/cable channels.
    I've watched ABS-CBN on a Samsung R8 LCD TV (37 inch) and it does feel 'different'.

Hindi naman bulok ang HDTV sa SD pero it just feels......different.

Anyhow, the poster reminds of a driver who uses his Evo IX RS everyday to pick up his son from School.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would have to disagree with most of you here.

if the Op wants an evo to buy his food from the market, then so be it.

If you have the means to maintain it, why not?

how can we be sure that he won't use it in the track? malay natin, when he gets used to the power, maging track whore narin siya in the future. it can open up more possibilities of learning if you have an "able" car.

but then, ika nga nila...greater power comes with greater responsibilities. totoong madaming naaaksidente dahil sa hindi nila alam kung paano i control ang mga kotse nila. SIR na nga lang na civic dami na naaaksidente, eh. evo pa kaya.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think its quite durable naman as a daily driver... basta tama yun pag gamit mo. although ang masakit dyan un walang warranty whatsoever with mitsu phil. if u want something similar na may warranty... wrx sti or even just a wrx(1.7m) and save 500k although u miss out on the brembos and the additional 50hp.
    Last edited by kyle618; July 25th, 2007 at 11:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_444 View Post
    Hi there!
    Just wanna ask, Isn't it worth to have an Evo if you're not a car racer. It's been a long time that I;ve been aiming to have such car, medyo ala lng budget b4 and ayoko lng talga ng mga mahal na auto, but now dumating ung decision point ko na I really want that car. I like it 'cause i can definitely rely on its durability and of course its appearance and speed na rin tska excellent talaga ung specs nya. Some say kc, I might be tempted on speed and it's quite dangerous pag nawala ung control since I'm not trained to be a racer but only as an ordinary driver. Though I know to myself na d ako matetempt to speed up, but the prob is my bro, he's quite aggressivce kc sa mga racing cars. Mahirap na baka yung enjoyment ko to have tha car myt be resulted into tragedy. But I really do want it, minsan lng ako magkagusto ng gusto tlaga na 100% sa isang bagay. Actually since early this yr paiba iba naiisip kong auto to purchase. Now lng talga ung final na gusto ko tlaga. Will appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you.
    Maybe circumstances are different where I'm at. But, it's your money and your tastes. If you want an Evo and can deal with the expenses of owning one, go for it.

Here, we have people who buy Corvettes and never drive them past 60 mph. We have SUV owners who'll never drive on an unpaved road. But, it's their money. They're free to buy whatever they want with it.

As for your brother......It's up to you to lay down the ground rules. If he can't drive it, then he can't drive it. If he protests, tell him to start paying for the car first.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yeah... I agree with this guys...

Dagdag pa, if you paid for the car or pay for the monthly... Dapat ikaw magenjoy. And your brother has to respect your property, especially the EVO. Sayang at mahal ang maintenance ng Evo, baka puro speeding gawin nito sa expressway ng brother mo. Aba, he has to respect other drivers too.

If you can wait and still have time to save, save for the EVO X since it is rumored to have better interior, fuel consumption and ride.
    Not unless if you think that an EVO is only with a 4G63 engine.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even if you are not racing it, an EVO is a good choice (but I would personally consider a SUBARU Impreza STi/WRC type instead).
    Last edited by wildthing; July 26th, 2007 at 09:14 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am going to guess that 75% of Evo owners worldwide are not regular car racers :hihihi:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    i would have to disagree with most of you here.

if the Op wants an evo to buy his food from the market, then so be it.

If you have the means to maintain it, why not?

how can we be sure that he won't use it in the track? malay natin, when he gets used to the power, maging track whore narin siya in the future. it can open up more possibilities of learning if you have an "able" car.

but then, ika nga nila...greater power comes with greater responsibilities. totoong madaming naaaksidente dahil sa hindi nila alam kung paano i control ang mga kotse nila. SIR na nga lang na civic dami na naaaksidente, eh. evo pa kaya.
    +1 here...
    but would you consider getting an Impreza instead?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    should be ok as long as you can maintain but believe me, you'll be tempted to drive fast.

why not consider the WRX. very civil ride with 85% of the Evo/ STI's power. and even upgradeable to achieve more than the stock Evo/STI's power.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Evo for Non-Racer