New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi there!
    Just wanna ask, Isn't it worth to have an Evo if you're not a car racer. It's been a long time that I;ve been aiming to have such car, medyo ala lng budget b4 and ayoko lng talga ng mga mahal na auto, but now dumating ung decision point ko na I really want that car. I like it 'cause i can definitely rely on its durability and of course its appearance and speed na rin tska excellent talaga ung specs nya. Some say kc, I might be tempted on speed and it's quite dangerous pag nawala ung control since I'm not trained to be a racer but only as an ordinary driver. Though I know to myself na d ako matetempt to speed up, but the prob is my bro, he's quite aggressivce kc sa mga racing cars. Mahirap na baka yung enjoyment ko to have tha car myt be resulted into tragedy. But I really do want it, minsan lng ako magkagusto ng gusto tlaga na 100% sa isang bagay. Actually since early this yr paiba iba naiisip kong auto to purchase. Now lng talga ung final na gusto ko tlaga. Will appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i dont think you have to be a racer to own such a car. all you have to be is a responsible and disiplined driver. that somethimes when you feel like it would like let go (shempre on safe situations) and get some adrenaline rush.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It's like buying a plasma/lcd tv only to use it for local/cable channels.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yeah I believe that I;m a responsible, disciplined and defensive driver. My much worry is my brother, hindi ko naman pedeng hindi sya pahiramin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Lagyan mo ng clutch-lock bro hehehe or lagyan mo immobilizer

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    better to have the power at moments notice kesa naman you want the ruch... tpaos BLAH ang makukuha mo... if you hdtv and you watch cable channels is cool.. kesa naman HDTV is available in your area tapos naka crt ka lang? :D its just a matter of choice... if you think you really NEED (in your case want) an evo go ahead and do so.

answerte naman ng pahihiramin mo ng evo! ahehehe! pwede ba kame humiram ni kapitan? hehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Evo? Durability?

While the Evo's engine is very strong, allowing it to hold tremendous boost pressure and produce lots of power, it's very high strung, requiring lots of maintenance.

Parts cost more than the regular Lancer or Galant. The Evo drinks more gas, requires more maintenance (short oil change intervals, expensive oil, short clutch life, short tire life, etcetera) and rides very harshly. Plus Mitsubishi offers no warranty whatsoever on the Evo.

If you're a non-racer... the Evo really isn't the car for you. You won't enjoy it at all.

If it's a prestige car you want, maybe a BMW, Mercedes or an Audi is for you. They'll be expensive to own, yes, but they'll be more comfortable and luxurious, and have more presence.

Want a high-tech car that people will ooh over and won't get your bro into too much trouble? BMW 320d ... the 3-series diesel. It's high-tech, very posh and very desirable.
    Last edited by niky; July 25th, 2007 at 09:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_444 View Post
    Hi there!
    Just wanna ask, Isn't it worth to have an Evo if you're not a car racer. It's been a long time that I;ve been aiming to have such car, medyo ala lng budget b4 and ayoko lng talga ng mga mahal na auto, but now dumating ung decision point ko na I really want that car. I like it 'cause i can definitely rely on its durability and of course its appearance and speed na rin tska excellent talaga ung specs nya. Some say kc, I might be tempted on speed and it's quite dangerous pag nawala ung control since I'm not trained to be a racer but only as an ordinary driver. Though I know to myself na d ako matetempt to speed up, but the prob is my bro, he's quite aggressivce kc sa mga racing cars. Mahirap na baka yung enjoyment ko to have tha car myt be resulted into tragedy. But I really do want it, minsan lng ako magkagusto ng gusto tlaga na 100% sa isang bagay. Actually since early this yr paiba iba naiisip kong auto to purchase. Now lng talga ung final na gusto ko tlaga. Will appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you.

Why would a non-racer want with a Mitsu EVO? For the same money, you could buy a Camry, Accord or whatever other car at the same price level.

(Do I smell a troll?)

Anyway, if the poster is "honest", the solution, buy another than than the EVO. If you still really like the EVO "styling", just by the Lancer 2.0L and use the spare change at A-Toy's shop to dress up your Lancer to look like an EVO.

Problem solved.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hahaha ayaw nya masabihan ng feeling Evo or Evo-evohan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You wont enjoy much of the Evo if it wasnt use to the things it was intended to be. If you want an Evo, you should also play on the track so that you will know and be happy.

But if your priorities are to look good, find something else.

My suggestion,

Buy a 2nd hand Evo 6 for weekends and night outs.
    Then, buy the car with good looks, decent performance, and good economy figures for your daily car.

Better yet, you wait for the 2008 Lancer.
    Last edited by drey; July 25th, 2007 at 10:45 PM.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Evo for Non-Racer