New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gentlemen, may thread na ba about what to do in an emergency situation? Or what evasive maneuvers to engage in to prevent an accident from happening or escalating? Kung wala pa, I think this would be a good start.

Halimbawa pag maulan and you had to avoid a road obstacle, how would you control the car when the rear end starts to flip out as you try to get back to straight line driving?

Maybe some of you guys know good articles to post or links about these.

emergency manuevers, advanced driving skills..eto ang main reason why gusto ko mag-enroll sa tuason racing school...

kaso isip ng misis ko, eenroll ako dun for the purpose na matuto ng mangarera,e....sana maconvince ko siya...ayaw ko sa A1,etc...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    good idea sir mbeige. TRS might be offering that one. but then, maiiwasan naman ang accident kung halimbawa, maulan, e di reduce speed, na lang di ba?

actually, i have nothing against TRS, in fact, gusto ko nga mag-enroll din.

good suggestion. maybe we could solicit some advice or suggestions from our fellow tsikoteers here.

and above all, be calm and alert... kahit anu training mo, pagnataranta ka na, wala na...

presence of mind is the key.

WAG NA WAG MO GAGAYAHIN MGA NAPAPANOOD MO SA SINE/TV...thats plain stupidity.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Tama, presence of mind and experience

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    on highways always put a 2-3 car gap between yourself and the car in front especially when youre at the legal max speed. Minsan di mo maiiwasan na may matalino na magcucut sayo pero isipin mo nalng paano kung nagbrake ang dati na nasa unahan mo... sino ang salpok?

be aware of the traffic ahead of you, side of you, and at your back.

on edsa, make this 100x. lots of s**t drivers.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    for emergency, buy ka ng yellow revolving light na nabibili sa hardware store. motorists dont respect hazard lights eh, so better have one ready. magnetized naman yun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For one, I'd like motorists to actually learn how to maximize ABS. Most drivers just stomp on the pedal. They forget that ABS allows them to brake AND steer at the same time...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    parang StarTrek ang dating... prepare for evasive maneuvers...

what is evasive maneuvers in tagalog/filipino?

BIGLANG LIKO

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My hand and eye coordination due to long hours of playing Ps2 will be put to test here! Focus! Fight! Aja! hahaha :lol:

Seriously, muntik na ako maksidente once sa Marcos Hi-way. I was driving siguro around 100kph (lunch time no cars) when a pajero carelessly swerved into my lane. Sa sobrang takot ko na higit ko yung steering wheel to the left since power steering sudden yung movement naman so i then yanked it to the right ayun naka ilang right left right left ako. Luckily, walang malapit na sasakyan sa kin. I wasn't able to step on the brakes immediately kase baguhan lang ako nun. The car stopped eventually and everyone was wondering if I was ok. What should be done pag ganun ba? Soft tapping of brakes lang ba? granted na na yank ko na yung steering wheel dahil instinct kase eh umiwas diba?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Evasive maneuvers, avoiding accidents, driving skills, etc