New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Last edited by turbo; November 18th, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dang that baby looks clean!

Do you use some special metal bender? Does the process take longer than fiberglass?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice body work... hindi ba hinabol sa masilya yan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ooops, double posts.

Sorry!
    Last edited by turbo; November 18th, 2007 at 09:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    No special benders.

Actually yong un kong ginawa ang gamit ko cardboard lang. just to get the proportion.

Meron ding putty, pero not thick. Every weld mus have putty.

The main advantage of the metal conversion is that connections will not show hairline cracks after sometime. Fiberglass to metal will eventually crack after some exposure to heat and cold. And will also exhibit hairline cracks in the gel finish.

The metal, if properly prepared will last a life time.

Since the metal is formed and welded into place. It will take a lot longer to complete that a kit. But kits even coming from the US has some "fitting problems".

Fiberglass hood and trunks usually have fitting problems and stress cracks after some "open-close" cycle.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    It takes a lot of super-precise skill to make those tires not rub against the wheel well like that. Wheel travel is tricky to just estimate. I guess you also did underbody strengthening.

Does it have the 350 Windsor engine block?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It still has a 302(not a 289 that I previously mentioned).

I cut the old fender(using reciprocating saw) then had six oversized men(hehe) jump up and down in the trunk to simulate suspension travel. When proper clearance was achieved, I welded the fender flares to the fender. Now it won't rub.

My personal Eleanor is a lot more radical, though it will take some more time to finish. hehehe.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=corvette

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Nice!

OT: I watched the original Gone In 60 Seconds released in 1974. I seem to like it better than the remake by Nicolas Cage, et al. But that's just me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, that looks like it came from the factory!!

except for one small detail - sorry to nitpick, but is the upper part of the hood misaligned?

but that bodywork looks very close to perfect....especially the lights which can be a pain to align like that

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Long time no see!

And... great work! I can't imagine how many man-hours that took!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Eleanor All-steel conversion