New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi Guys,

When I first saw the "Rust Evader" in the Trans Show when I was a kid, I was amazed. They had 2 pieces of metal submerged in water. The one attached to rust evader hardly had any rust while the one next to it was all rust.

Later on, Imitations of this sort started coming out. Everyday, I would see an ad on the newspaper: "Rustproof your car with 1 (or 2) wires" from these people who I think had a name of Posadas in EDSA. The lola of 1 of my friends had their lite ace installed with the immitation. When the lite ace got bumped, rust immediately formed in the area damaged by the bump, which made me doubt the reliability of the immitations.

Later on, I found an article in the web that stated that rust evader got sued. Apparently, the model they used works because their metals are continuously submerged in water, a condition which cars arent subjected to. The technology works for boats though.

Lately, a new imitation, this time from Las Pinas, called the "Rust Invader" has surfaced. I told the inventor what I saw and he told me that his invention really "reduces" the rust.

My current problem is that NAWASA water in my area has been scarce. My family uses salty deep well water for everything except drinking. My car has suffered heavily from this as my doors have become heavily rusted. I will actually replace the doors and have a full body repair soon. Such a device, if it works, will really be worth it for me, and would really be a waste if it doesnt work.

Does anyone here have any experience with such electronic rust devices? Do they really work?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes, electronic rustproofing does work but I'm not sure with cars.

I'm working now with a Russian company and one of the things we purchased was Cathodic Protection for the hundreds of kilometers of pipes we're installing here in the Middle East.

It works for pipelines. I'm not so sure about cars.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From some threads here, it seems that the 12V system of most automobiles is not enough to provide the required juice.

I was checking out a used car with such equipment. Pagsilip ko sa ilalim, rust through ang floor board. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition, if your sheetmetal has rusted, it's IMPOSSIBLE to reverse the damage, i have yet to see something that amazing where oxidized metal returned to it unoxidized state. It may stop it from spreading, but not reduce it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    corrosion protection through the use of electricity is feasible only for steel surfaces submerged in water or buried underground. for exposed or aboveground surfaces, paints and other coatings are used.

so for cars, the only feasible protection against body rust is through the proper application of paints and coatings.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    it WORKS!!!!!! especially rust evader... back in September 1991 my friend from Dagupan City purchased a white 1992 all-new Nissan Sentra 1.6 Super Saloon- first batch (dun ako na-inlove sa nissan- for a while). He installed the Rust Evader after a month somewhere in his Manila trips and he observed that his car had lesser parts to replace- engine components kasi seaside ang Dagupan, all doors- incliding the hood and trunk were squeakless, brakes showed no orange rust zones, trunk lining and spare tire well was super clean! the underchassis was so clean and rust free kahit tumutuklap na yung Tuff-Kote-Dinol na yan! and the stock exhaust system with the flirtatious tail pipe finisher was never changed!!! there was a time when the front fender had been poked with something very sharp that showed the metal to the elements and that spot remained rust free as well. he showed me the rust evader unit underneath the dashboard and showed a green light if it was sending anodes to a potentially rust spot- red kung naka standby- yata. the car stayed problem free with them until 1998 the car was sold at a higher price than the usual then got a Cefiro also installed with the rust evader after a few months after purchase- i lost touch with them- and the car for some reason... but for the duration of that sentra- it was rust free!

anybody who distributes the original rust evader- please show up!

here is a link for rust evader from south africa:
    http://www.rustevader.co.za/index.htm

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Search Please!

Elctronic Rustproofing - Foolproof or Hoax?