New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

I know how to drive but what if I wanted somebody else to learn. Which driving school would you recommend? I understand that teaching him/her myself is another option(may pro license kasi ako), but I want professional to do it and I don't want to pass on my 'bad' driving habits. Please share your experiences. TIA.

Some of the details I'm looking for are:
    1) Name of Driving School
    2) Specific location (possible kasi branch lang yan)
    3) Cost
    4) Training duration
    5) Possible Training days/time (M-F lang? Sat? Sun? 8-5? After office?)
    6) Choice of car to drive (marami ba? Manual lang o May automatic din?)
    7) Other services (getting of student license, permanent license, etc).
    8) Other comments

Mods, sorry kung wrong forum ang pinaglagyan ko ng topic na ito, but I think tama.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    try mo sa smart ok dun.

kahit saan naman ok basta matapatan mo yun mahusay na instructor.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) Name of Driving School - Safeway Driving School
    2) Specific location (possible kasi branch lang yan) - Main is at Rosario, Pasig, may branch sa Pasong Tamo across Shopwise.
    3) Cost - I know its cheaper than the usual driving schools
    4) Training duration - Pwede mag tailor-fit sa requirements mo.
    5) Possible Training days/time (M-F lang? Sat? Sun? 8-5? After office?) Everyday ito from 7am to 9pm yata.
    6) Choice of car to drive (marami ba? Manual lang o May automatic din?) May brand new manual cars sila (vios at civic) at automatic rin (lancer)
    7) Other services (getting of student license, permanent license, etc). - yep, they assist you in getting those as well. Sila ang maghihintay para sa iyo.
    8) Other comments - Friendly staff especially the owner who stays at the main branch. May free seminars pa sila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    1) Name of Driving School- A1 Driving School. North to South marami branches yan
    2) Specific location (possible kasi branch lang yan)- Nag-enroll ako sa SM Bicutan, pero marami talagang branches 'to.
    3) Cost- PhP 2500 more or less depending on what vehicle you want and how much intensive the course is.
    4) Training duration- 5 hours saken. Still course dependent (Each course=different vehicle to drive. Refresher course kahit ano lang na available kaya mura, unlike ung iba na Altis, CRV, etc. may specific na vehicle na dadrive mo)
    5) Possible Training days/time- Everyday except Sunday and Holidays. Not sure now though. Last 2 years pa yun nung nag-enroll ako.
    6) Choice of car to drive- Corolla, Altis, CRV, etc. Course dependent kung gusto mo M/T or A/T ang pag-aaralan. IMHO, mas magandang manual muna ang pag-aralan. Pag bihasa na magdrive via M/T, madali na ang A/T. Kahit di na pumasok sa driving school basta may experience ka sa M/T.
    7) Other services (getting of student license, permanent license, etc)- Free seminars and Traffic Rules & Regulations book and some other useful books for references. Getting of licenses? I'm not sure kasi may students na ko nung nag-enroll ako sa kanila.
    8) Other comments- Great and defensive drivers=great teacher. Most of my problems were solved in the first day, specially the right timing for the clutching and gas. Minor problems, including backing up were solved the 2nd day, and the remaining days were just for practice. Note: 1 hour per day kinuha ko.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, ok lang yun kung ikaw na ang magturo. sa case ko, as with my dad, kami-kami na lang ang naging instructor- legacy ba. tinuruan ako nang dad ko, ako naman sa mga kapatid ko...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14
    1) .
    6) Choice of car to drive- Corolla, Altis, CRV, etc. Course dependent kung gusto mo M/T or A/T ang pag-aaralan. IMHO, mas magandang manual muna ang pag-aralan. Pag bihasa na magdrive via M/T, madali na ang A/T. Kahit di na pumasok sa driving school basta may experience ka sa M/T.
    I agree, but syempre maganda din kung may chance to test out an A/T while you're at it. Gusto ko sana at least a hour for A/T. May konti handling difference din ang M/T vs A/T. (One exmple, did you know that to downshift on an A/T you have to press hard on the accelerator?)

Thanks for the info.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    sir, ok lang yun kung ikaw na ang magturo. sa case ko, as with my dad, kami-kami na lang ang naging instructor- legacy ba. tinuruan ako nang dad ko, ako naman sa mga kapatid ko...
    Pwede naman talaga, kaso I'm sure your dad missed some of the important details. Hindi naman niya regular job yun di ba? It's not just the driving techniques. Most common thing we forget to teach is, proper car maintenance (check oil, brakes, tires, etc.) before we drive. Laging old-style of teaching is, "start agad ang kotse at drive na". This is what I meant about "bad habits" and sometimes guilty ako dito. Ang gusto ko proper method muna. I'm sure din naman na after that kailangan pa rin ang practice, kaya tuturuan ko pa din siya, pero at least may proper basic training na siya.

No offense ha, it's just my point of view.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    One exmple, did you know that to downshift on an A/T you have to press hard on the accelerator?
    Ah, yes, I knew that instantly when I used my girl-friend's A/T CRV. You could easily know that especially here where the slow cars stay on the fast lane and you have to step on the pedal hard to be able to overtake that car and go back the fast lane. That's how I honestly learned that technique. Hehe...

Pwede naman talaga, kaso I'm sure your dad missed some of the important details. Hindi naman niya regular job yun di ba? It's not just the driving techniques.
    Agreed, before I went to a driving school. My dad was the one teaching me. I had problems in clutching and it went to an extent that being able to make the vehicle run without the engine stalling is 50/50. He kept showing me "ganito, dapat habang tinatapakan ang gas, dahan-dahan mong bitawan yung clutch." And I just couldn't get it. I thought I had to do it synchronously (or how you spell it, PEACE!), so the engine just kept stalling on me.

So I opted to enroll to a driving school. And then and there, I learned on my first day and first hour that there's a maintaining level in stepping on the clutch, you'll know you're there when you press the gas. You're car ain't moving but the engine's not stalling. After learning that, problem solved! Hehe... I learned lots of backing tips, cornering tips, and defensive driving tips, too. Including the strict 10:10 (This is how you SHOULD place your hands on the steering wheel, the left hand on the 10th hour and the right hand on the 10th minute", had to give it up though, hirap i-maintain pag traffic eh?)

Ayun...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    a bit ot: if you get into an accident while driving the school's car, who is liable?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sagot nang driving school yan.. may insurance naman yang mga yan.. tsaka pag nabangga ka.. mahina yung instructor..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Driving School