New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mga Pre,

sa automatic transmission, hindi ba masama pag lipat from Drive to neutral habang tumatakbo ang sasakyan?

salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it'll wear out your tranny faster... best to wait until full stop before moving the shifter.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    maraming salamat!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    more wear and tear.

bakit? kasi sa palaging paglipat ng gears.. masmaganda ung steady lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not gears, the torque converter. for the same reason that its not a good idea to tow an A/T car, its not a good idea to shift it to neutral while moving.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    salamat sa inyo!

akala ko kasi ok lang yun e. para sana makatipid sa gas, freewheel ko pag malapit na sa stop light or toll gate. sobra mahal na kasi ang gas.

salamat uli!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I once asked the same question though on a manual tranny. I was convinced that it isn't really a good idea. Cruise ka na lang na nasa drive mag-freewheel pa rin naman kahit papano.

Anyway, it's good though to shift to neutral first before turning off the engine then shift to park instead of park then engine off.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zildjian
    Anyway, it's good though to shift to neutral first before turning off the engine then shift to park instead of park then engine off.
    Hi Zildjian,

Why?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    it'll wear out your tranny faster... best to wait until full stop before moving the shifter.
    oops.

thanks for the tip! di pa naman nasisira matic ng dad ko... buti nalang... hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i happen to read an article actually before and it has something to do with flow of the atf fluid. just can't find where is the article now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
From Drive to Neutral