New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    if you are replying to me doc, we have assigned parking, pero on an open area.
    magkano ba "hilamos" these days
    yun matino bro 25-40k bro
    fastbreak hilamos nasa 15k daw

btw wait mo lang bro bibili nako compressor and spray gun ngayon summer hehehe
    Last edited by ninjababez; January 8th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post

Mas feasible pa kung ang cause eh di masyado nagagamit. minsan mas malala pa kasi yung di nagagamit kesa yung gamit na gamit.
    agree bro
    kaya siguro yun mga sports car sinasabi sirain, pero baka dahil di lang nagagamit madalas.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    yun matino bro 25-40k bro
    fastbreak hilamos nasa 15k daw

btw wait mo lang bro bibili nako compressor and spray gun ngayon summer hehehe
    Malayo sa AC outlet yung parking spots namin, kaya kahit anong destroy-it-yourself di ko magawa.

Binubuhat ko pa yung batteries ng malayo para lang mag routine equalization charge

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Parking in the sun has minimal effect in the engine compartment.

Remember, the engine itself is a source of heat. That said, components under the hood were designed to withstand those temperatures. If not, don't you think the car would've died already the last time you were stuck in traffic, with the engine running, A/C on max, and at high noon?

It's not to say that heat does not affect longevity... of course it does. But given the engineering and design, degradation due to heat from the engine is the more significant contributor compared to the passive heat from the sun.
    Not sure exactly how it happens, but the A/C shop told me it's a common problem daw among cars parked in the sun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm guessing na since the refrigerant is not flowing when the car is off, pressure just builds up in the condenser until safeties (basically pressure relief valves) lets out some refrigerant to prevent damage to the system, or in old cars most likely the increased pressure causes permeation or "singaw" from rubber seals and hoses that are no longer as fresh as they used to be.

Anyway I'm thinking of getting a tarp or outdoor tent set up nga before summer rolls in again. Our cars are technically inside the premises but only two have covered parking, the rest are in a driveway kaya bilad:

Picture not of my house, but my setup is something like this. Two cars inside and the rest bilad sa driveway.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; January 8th, 2021 at 04:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i know of someone who uses a (fishing?) net instead of a tarp.
    it does not billow like a sail.
    the net catches larger stones (1 cm and up), leaves and twigs.
    it lets rain pass thru.
    and most strangely, the heat of the sun is significantly diminished by the set-up.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    5-year old and 3-year old vehicles

the 5-year old one has a garage two years of its life, but we had to move to a location with only open parking
    the 3-year one spent all of its life on open parking

no issues on the a/c, dashboard, or interior
    clear coat still held up. hindi kami nagwa-wax.
    plastic headlight may signs lang ng yellowing sa top part pero not too bad. can't say may pinagbago sa output at night
    my dirt bike paint did fade pero no one's complaining... will be getting an adventure one, yun na lang wax ko

may option kami to rent covered parking slots for php3-5k/month depends on the area, maglalakad pa ng malayo onti. we did not get them
    magpa-"hilamos" na lang if the paint becomes worse, instead na maging metikoloso and religiously wax or get the parking slots
    php36k-60k * 2 for two parking slots na rented, nope practical lang. paint is still okay
    weird kasi yung car ng Mom ko in one year nag fade na yung hood, roof and trunk. Ang sagwa tignan. Although red kasi, baka mas halata?

Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    wala nga dapat masyado effect yan. yung civic ko 2 years halos na nakababad sa araw, wala naman ganyan. hinihintay ko lang sa paint magkadiperensya kasi yun lang naman talaga maapektuhan.

Mas feasible pa kung ang cause eh di masyado nagagamit. minsan mas malala pa kasi yung di nagagamit kesa yung gamit na gamit.
    Pero may times din naman na yung Gen 10 ko ang gamit ko araw araw, ngayon lang nangyari yung naglabasan mga sira

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Not sure exactly how it happens, but the A/C shop told me it's a common problem daw among cars parked in the sun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm guessing na since the refrigerant is not flowing when the car is off, pressure just builds up in the condenser until safeties (basically pressure relief valves) lets out some refrigerant to prevent damage to the system, or in old cars most likely the increased pressure causes permeation or "singaw" from rubber seals and hoses that are no longer as fresh as they used to be.
    wow really? I hope mine only needs a freon refill and nothing else. Though I thought if the freon leaks it's just a symptom of a problem and something else will need repair?

Bukas pa kaya Tower of David? That's where I always go kasi

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

wow really? I hope mine only needs a freon refill and nothing else. Though I thought if the freon leaks it's just a symptom of a problem and something else will need repair?
    this is also what i fear.
    if the source of the initial leak is not fixed,
    the re-fill won't last long.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    weird kasi yung car ng Mom ko in one year nag fade na yung hood, roof and trunk. Ang sagwa tignan. Although red kasi, baka mas halata
    mas susceptible talaga sa sun damage ang kulay pula.

ika nga ni brod pete alien - basa!

So why does red fade more than other paints? It’s because wavelengths associated with red are the lowest energy of visible light, so to appear red it’s absorbing much more energetic wavelengths, which causes more aggressive degradation of the paint’s molecular bonds. This is in addition to what UV rays are doing.
    Last edited by baludoy; January 9th, 2021 at 10:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

ika nga ni brod pete alien - basa!

akala ko black, kasi diba sa shirts normally pag maaraw sinasabi nila wag mag black kasi sigurado baskil ka sa arawan LOL

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i suppose that means, park only in roofed garages and/or parking slots.
    heh heh.

i once owned a newly-hilamosed red car.
    in the several years that i maltreated it, i did not notice paint fade.
    so i am wondering, is it possible that not all paints are equal?
    so which paint types or brands, are more resistant to fade?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast