New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Love em or hate em?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Musclecars are the greatest!

25 80.65%
  • No way. they are useless pieces of junk that should be put out of their misery.

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Hindi ko sila hate kinakatakutan ko lang. Ang lakas kase ng muscle cars eh.
    mas nakakatakot ang luma na naka drum brakes. parang mapapa-flinstones kas sa pag preno.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    I dont like em bec they dont look modern.
    It's like flaunting your old black & white nokia communicator.

A
    Question lang to the group...arent cars like the chrysler 300 a tribute to older designs? kasi it seems some marques are actually doing the retro thing and that is a look thing diba?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    They probably saw your turbo Forester. Many V8 drivers know which cars are fast.....
    Well "some" of 'em though hehehe

my friend used to have a 97 SVT Cobra i liked it and one thing i noticed white chicks dig V8's :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i absolutely love it!!

if only i have the money(body,maintenance and parts) para maka-own ng isa i always dream of having a '67 chevy camaro, '80's cadillac el dorado, '70's ford mustang, singit ko na rin 1990 bmw m5 (e34)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i so love them because of their looks, history and that rumbling V8... and more, 'just can't put it in to words why.

wish ko magkaroon kahit isa lang

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have always considered Muscle Cars as Immortal Classics

Impala's and Mustang's are just some of the wet dreams that I get from time to time; after which I just wake up to the frustrating reality that I ain't got one in the garage.

I was fortunate to peek and touch a polished Hemi Cuda's 8 banger...to me it was like seeing tits!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    I dont like em bec they dont look modern.
    It's like flaunting your old black & white nokia communicator.

besides what's so special about old gas-guzzling V8 engines and almost 90 percent purely mechanical parts. it a waste of time for the younger generation to even tinker with it. to some oldies, it can be a way to relive their past, to regain long-lost confidence and pride. It can be therapeutic for them. i respect that

A
    You must be a techie. I respect your opinion, though I don't agree with it. To me a car isn't a cellphone.

Running an old muscle car is a hobby. Like other hobbies, there's not much practical value in it. Many hobbies are a complete waste of time and money, to begin with.

I've always dreamt of having a muscle car. In fact, I wish someday I could restore my granduncle's '66 Chevelle 4-door. I only saw it running as a kid, and I wish I could still see it running now. Unfortunately it was garaged because it was getting too expensive to run.

Muscle cars represent the era when the Americans were very proud and happy about their cars.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The sound I remember most fondly from when I was a kid was the rumble of daddy's '69 Mach 1.

My best childhood memories are of being in the front seat of the Mach 1 on Sunday morning runs down what used to be called South Superhighway. I remember them even better than Disneyland.

The only better memories cum very slightly after puberty... but that's another story.

Today, I have my Trans Am. Everytime I pass it in the garage, I can't resist tracing the body's lines as I walk on by... salamat po sir turbo!
    Last edited by Flagg; January 9th, 2007 at 02:04 AM. Reason: ahihi

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    How can you not like a car that you can still fix with just regular tools and not need a computer to find out what's wrong?
    The rumble of a V8 and smell of burning fuel just brings back childhood memories. I would take a 289 Mustang, 69 Camaro, and 78 Mustang II King Cobra(yes it's like the one in Charlie's Angels tv show), 69 AMC Javelin, 68 Plymouth Road Runner.

As far as being a gas guzzler the last review that Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc. conducted on the STI and EVO they averaged 14mpg on a mix of city and highway driving. Now if you were going to get mileage that suck that much would you rather have a 2-2.5l turbo four banger or a rumbling V8? Besides these cars now sell at auctions for over $50,000 when in good running condition.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 'Fast and the Furious' crowd doesn't seem to have much love for muscle cars. hehehe.

Muscle cars are a part of history and harks back to simpler days. It's easy to buy a go-fast Evo or 350Z, but to build your own V8 monster is still something else.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Do you love or hate musclecars?