New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we currently developing a device that could be interfaced in your car, motorcycle, home devices or any electronic devices. It could control the ignition or lock when installed, The owner could also monitor the status of the car if the lock is enabled or the engine is on. It has the a feature that the owner of the vehicle will be automatically texted by the device if the alarm is tripped. This device is still in its development stage and still not commercially available, we would like to know if there would be consumers out there that would be interested to buy this kind of gadget for 10k-15k pesos

we would like to hear suggestion from interested parties about additional features needed by end-users in wide range of applications, not just only for cars
    any comments and suggestions are welcome here in my post

thank you very much

Carl Alberto
    craxtech*gmail.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ask lang po.. so kung gsm device sha, dependent sha sa gsm provider signals? more or less hindi magagamit let's say nasa dead spot ka?

but the idea is good lalo na kung almost realtime ang dating ng alarms

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^^^ ditto.

pero if 10-15k...seems like a good price.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    comparable narin sa prices ng clifford alarms hope to see a working prototype soon

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Similar ba ito sa Onstar ng GM cars sa US and Canada?
    Features of Onstar:
    1. Built in cellphone.
    2. Monitoring of car. Onstar can see if the car's airbag has deployed, if does, they will call you using the built in cell phone and call 911 if needed. They can also see if check engine light is on.
    3. I think it also has a GPS receiver. Used to find the car if reported stolen to the cops. Cool feature. However, this only works when the car is running (I think not 100% sure on this). This is very effective. I once called Onstar to find a stolen car when I was working for a car rental company. They found the car and sent the cops to get it.
    4. Remote door unlock. Only works in open spaces. Will not function if inside a parking building.

Might have some features that I can't recall.

Onstar is free for the 1st year with new car purchase. You have to pay for the suceeding years.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Does the P10K - P15K include the fee for the notification service?

FYI - Just this May I came across a device being developed (in California) that is a combo wifi-router with SIM card slot intended for mobile implementation. Its target price is $100 without any service contract.

Also several high-end car models (such as the Hummer H3) in the US have built-in cellular phones with varying service contracts including emergency, directions, etc. Not sure about locking/disabling the engine though.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i think this is similar to the one mitsubishi had in their gen 2.5 pajero limited edition. the car has its own sim, and the owner can locate the car, based on the cellsite nearest to it. according to one sales rep, you can also monitor speed and other parameters using gsm technology.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Car Alarm with Two Way Remote Radio Pager

This top of the line Two Way Paging Car alarm system is feature packed, without the hefty price tag that usually accompanies such alarm system. The paging remote control enables the alarm to communicate with the key fob over distances of up to 2km. If the alarm is triggered, the module will send a message to the key fob which is then displayed on the colour status screen to tell you which part of the vehicle has been breached. The key fob will give an audible, visual and vibrating warning, therefore, regardless of where the remote is you will know that your vehicle is tampered with.

Features:
    - Long distance surveillance range. Up to 2km.
    - Two-way remote controller with colour LED screen
    - High stability and anti-jamming
    - Audible, visual, and vibrating indication of alarm status and function
    - Remote control arm and disarm
    - Boot release
    - Mute arming mode
    - Car park locator
    - Warning for unlocked/disarmed parked car
    - Auto rearming
    - Anti-burglary and anti-hijacking
    - Matches all central locking systems

What you get:
    - Electronic black box controller
    - 2 x two way paging remote controls
    - Shock sensor
    - Fused outputs
    - Ignition cutout relay
    - Wiring looms
    - Central locking control
    - Foot brake trigger
    - Car Transmitter
    - Dash-mount BLUE LED warning lights
    - Battery backup siren

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Similar ba ito sa Onstar ng GM cars sa US and Canada?
    Features of Onstar:
    1. Built in cellphone.
    2. Monitoring of car. Onstar can see if the car's airbag has deployed, if does, they will call you using the built in cell phone and call 911 if needed. They can also see if check engine light is on.
    3. I think it also has a GPS receiver. Used to find the car if reported stolen to the cops. Cool feature. However, this only works when the car is running (I think not 100% sure on this). This is very effective. I once called Onstar to find a stolen car when I was working for a car rental company. They found the car and sent the cops to get it.
    4. Remote door unlock. Only works in open spaces. Will not function if inside a parking building.

Might have some features that I can't recall.

Onstar is free for the 1st year with new car purchase. You have to pay for the suceeding years.

Onstar uses GPS not GSM signals and it does work even if the car is not on. But like GSM, GPS will also have times when it will not get any signal such as underground garages or any enclosed spaces because satellite signals are blocked.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks, I thought it was GSM, GPS pala.

developing a GSM device embedded in a vehicle-is this feasible?