New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hey all, dunno where exactly to post this kaya sorry mods if wrong thread

was thinking of selling my car to start small sideline with my friend, gusto sana namin mag buy and sell ng older cars (maybe from the 90s siguro). we also plan na bumili ng cars na for part out para you know... ikatay.... makes me want to katay my humble little volkswagen for starters hehehe.

so just wanted to know if meron pang demand for older cars (corolla big body, sentra series 3, civic, etc.) kahit parang puro brand new na lng nakikita ko ngayon... and also sa tingin nyo meron pa naghahanap ng parts for their older cars? we know people who want to katay their old cars already so meron na kami jumpstart.

thanks for your replies!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The "pansamantagal" number coding scheme is the one fueling demand for old cars.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    For big body waley na..... Butas-butas na ng kalawang so saan mo pa ikakabit makina and other parts....

Civic EK....Buhay na buhay pa at maganda presyo....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    Hey all, dunno where exactly to post this kaya sorry mods if wrong thread

was thinking of selling my car to start small sideline with my friend, gusto sana namin mag buy and sell ng older cars (maybe from the 90s siguro). we also plan na bumili ng cars na for part out para you know... ikatay.... makes me want to katay my humble little volkswagen for starters hehehe.

so just wanted to know if meron pang demand for older cars (corolla big body, sentra series 3, civic, etc.) kahit parang puro brand new na lng nakikita ko ngayon... and also sa tingin nyo meron pa naghahanap ng parts for their older cars? we know people who want to katay their old cars already so meron na kami jumpstart.

thanks for your replies!
    Yes there's demand. But there's also a lot of supply. You'll just be going against practically all buy and sellers. You're not the first to have that idea, so if you really want to push through with it, better be sure you stand out compared to the horde of other car dealers.

I have a lot of friends who buy and sell used cars and now isn't the best time for business because of the proliferation of easy financing for new cars.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    For big body waley na..... Butas-butas na ng kalawang so saan mo pa ikakabit makina and other parts....

Civic EK....Buhay na buhay pa at maganda presyo....
    perhaps you are refering to old taxis and ex-taxis.
    but i see many good-condition big body models.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    The "pansamantagal" number coding scheme is the one fueling demand for old cars.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
    i agree.
    i bought a used car precisely because of that.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    May demand pa naman syempre, pero yun nga madami na kasi nagbebenta. Bukod sa marami din surplus japan ng mga 90s car. Marami pa naman tumatakhong 90s car. Yun nga lang syempre outnumbered na halos ng mga bago. Sa mura ba naman ng downpayment ng kotse ngayon para ka na lang nag down sa motor. Kaya medyo matumal na bentahan ng mga 90s car. Pang coding na lang talaga.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps you are refering to old taxis and ex-taxis.
    but i see many good-condition big body models.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i agree.
    i bought a used car precisely because of that.
    Oo nga ano? Bakit di ko naisip yan? Instead, a new car na di malaman kung ano ang ending ng plaka!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Usually, sa mga workers ko naipapasa mga 90s or used cars ko. Sila ung graduate na sa motor or need na nila bigger car for cheap and since lumalaki na rin family at medyo nakakaraos naman na sa buhay.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Meron pa siguro lalo yung mga nagsisi na binenta nila 1st car nila na 90s gusto mg restore or mag throwback o naging memorable yung kotse.

Yung iba pang project racing racing lalo mga honda hatch 2 door.

Sa katayan naman ok din kung rare mga parts mo kaso ang buyer mo lang na potential yung ngrerestore o talyer. Yung ibang parts sa katay junk shop na bagsak just to convert to cash or matutulog sa bodega mo.

Ako nga im still using my super old lancer 78 puro brandnew na kasabay hehe. Sa katayan ng 70s may mga seller pa din naman.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    thanks for your replies guys. yes, alam ko naman that the competition could be tough but we dont plan to compete bigtime naman. maybe just sell a few cars, and have an opportunity to test cars we never had before. and since i can do major repairs naman sa car (such as top end overhaul, suspension, etc.) and have quite a few connections with auto shops maybe we could sell lower than the competition (para mas mabilis) since we dont have to pay labor sa mechanic, and have lots of discounts on surplus and brand new parts.

as for the katay naman, nakuha ko ang idea sa pinagbilan ko ng parts for my sentra. bumibili sya ng old cars para ikatay and nag memekaniko din sya. seemed like a stable business... so i thought that if i also have a whole parts repository that i sell but could also use to repair the cars that i buy and sell, i could bring the prices of the unit down by a large margin, therefore faster to sell (assuming nga that theres still demand for the unit)... just wondering the best cars to make katay (already have a friend with a 1995 civic that i could make katay!)...

btw, were not in it completely for the money were in it so we could also drive different cars, and as a pastime (we like working on cars).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast