New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by toronegro View Post
    well not just the battery but the whole indicator display ,like check engine ,oil ...everything that can cause abnormality,which you only see when you start the engine,,and if i am not that fast enough to reach the other end i know my crosswind will stall

cheers
    It won't. I've driven for up to five minutes with all of those lights on. They indicate that your alternator belt is slipping and not functioning... and that your electrical system is, for the moment, dead. Your engine will still keep running, nonetheless. Just don't turn it off. Old school diesels like the 4JA1 don't need any electricity to keep running... everything is mechanical.

That's my only problem with flood-fording on the Crosswind... you can't park in the middle of the flood... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by toronegro View Post
    well not just the battery but the whole indicator display ,like check engine ,oil ...everything that can cause abnormality,which you only see when you start the engine,,and if i am not that fast enough to reach the other end i know my crosswind will stall

cheers
    Ah ganun pala. I crossed a knee-deep flood with my 1996 Mitsu L200 just yesterday at CAA road Las Pinas. I was wading a bit fast as I was in second gear and saw the whole indicators lit up.

Will the alternator get damaged if submerged for so long?

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I forded all my 4x4 Rangers in 3 ft or almost above waist deep flood. I've done it thrice already. twice in one of the 4x4's. The third one was the most recent. Medyo nag-a-alangan ako dahil i don't want my 20"s being submerged. I don't have the confidence that i have whem my ride is wearing A/T tires on 17's.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post
    Ah ganun pala. I crossed a knee-deep flood with my 1996 Mitsu L200 just yesterday at CAA road Las Pinas. I was wading a bit fast as I was in second gear and saw the whole indicators lit up.

Will the alternator get damaged if submerged for so long?

saan banda po sir sa CAA road? yesterday sumugod din ako sa baha.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aijie28 View Post
    saan banda po sir sa CAA road? yesterday sumugod din ako sa baha.
    if you came from las pinas doctors hospital, go straight ahead then ung dulo you turn right then left turn (dito ang baha portion) going towards evacom. fronting siya nung parang rice warehouse. may creek ata doon kaya ng babaha lagi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I forded all my 4x4 Rangers in 3 ft or almost above waist deep flood. I've done it thrice already. twice in one of the 4x4's. The third one was the most recent. Medyo nag-a-alangan ako dahil i don't want my 20"s being submerged. I don't have the confidence that i have whem my ride is wearing A/T tires on 17's.
    woah "above the waist". may na damage ba?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i'd like to see richard lao post here.....

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    woah "above the waist". may na damage ba?
    No damages or whatsoever. Just forded the car very slowly, below 10kmh. After every fording that i do, i always go to a gas station to have a underchassis car wash and have my "underneath" sprayed with diesel.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    if you came from las pinas doctors hospital, go straight ahead then ung dulo you turn right then left turn (dito ang baha portion) going towards evacom. fronting siya nung parang rice warehouse. may creek ata doon kaya ng babaha lagi.
    ahh.. pag naulan mahirap po talaga doon. pero sa kabilang lane mababaw lang.
    ingat po kayo jan ang lalalim din ng mga butas sa una unahan. mahirap mapansin pagka may tubig yung mga butas.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang lalakas ng loob niyo ah! Best I did was umaapaw sa hood level ang baha sa Revo namin. Must be that I was going a bit fast, the whole row of indicators lit up!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Deepest Flood Water You Drove Your Car/SUV Through Successfully