New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Usually just below headlight is safe... unless you're driving a car with a stupid-low intake (Ford Escape... Chevy Optra... old Lancer EFi or Sentra EFi)... but even if your air intake is at hood level, a bow wave from a truck can send water into the intake.

Crosswind, so far... just above the running boards (above knee level)... haven't driven it in deeper water because I don't particularly want my carpets to stink to high heavens...

It pays to know where your air filter is. It also pays to sit and observe the level of the water (or walk it out, if it's safe) before committing yourself. But of course, if you don't really need to go... just sit it out and wait for the flood to subside.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ako way back 2007 bagyuhan din ,,instead na mag expressway ako sa bataan ,sa loob ng bayan ako nag daan yun baha na pala sa may hermosa ,,at lampas na sa gulong ng crosswind xuv lubog na gulong at mahaba din na baha yun bago ako naka tawid nag start na mag warning ang dash board ko kasi yung spray ng tubig sa engine bay tumatama sa hood tapos bagsak sa engine damay ang battery kaya panay na warning buti di ako tinirik ,yung ibang sasakyan bus na lang nakakatawid yung mga auv na assemble tirik n a,,yun ang story na di malilimot ng crosswind ko.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The warning light for the battery is on because your alternator is wet and the belts are slipping. Not a big deal.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    back when I still had my accord half of the body were submerged......it was in the crossing after the dimasalang bridge going la loma.....after I reach the higher ground the fender liner was dislocated....then a few kicks, it returned to its normal place.... gone straight home in bulacan like nothing has happen....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The warning light for the battery is on because your alternator is wet and the belts are slipping. Not a big deal.
    well not just the battery but the whole indicator display ,like check engine ,oil ...everything that can cause abnormality,which you only see when you start the engine,,and if i am not that fast enough to reach the other end i know my crosswind will stall

cheers

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dunked our '77 MB 300D into tire deep water along the Katipunan flyover. I love those old school diesels. hehehe. Just went past SUV's whose drivers did not dare to cross.

On my Patrol, I've gone tire deep also (up to below the headlight) during rescue and recovery runs at the height and the day after Ondoy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    back in the days, nilusob ko ang 1995 lancer namin sa may malinta, infront of south supermarket. headlight level na ang baha at sobrang kaba ko dahil alam kong mababasa na ang carpet. kaya lagi kong hinahawakan to check. buti naman hindi nabasa. just kept on hitting the gas at ayun, buti na lang manual tranny sya at hindi kami tumirik. never again will i do that.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    -I remember way back 1989, I drove a '86 Lancer GSR box type in the flooded waters in Rodriguez Sports Center, BF was not yet mayor then, and that part of Marikina is highly flooded . To my amazement my car didnt stalled, and the water is already in my car seats, I really loved that car.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Knee deep with my lowered ae101 in our subdivision's entrance...
    Ayun,basa ang carpet.. Ang baho!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    during the late 80's, we were stuck along R. Magsaysay Blvd. in Sta. Mesa...the ride was our old BJ Land Cruiser diesel...pati upuan nakababad sa tubig....kaya pati briefs ko basa. amazingly it never stalled....ang tatag talaga.

i had to drain and change the gear oil of both axles, transfer case and the tranny the next day though

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Deepest Flood Water You Drove Your Car/SUV Through Successfully