New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    How do CVTs work. Is it true that belt lang talaga nag papaikot ng mga pulleys? How is this in terms of reliability?

New City and New Lancer owners with CVTs. I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir paki check itong site na ito:

http://cvt.com.sapo.pt/toc_en.htm

i hope it could answer some of your questions.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CVT stands for Continuously Variable Transmission, which is an automatic transmission that has an infinite number of ratios between bottom and top gear. The control system automatically selects the most appropriate ratio and thus engine speed, so that engine power is applied to the road wheels in the most effective way in accordance with the driver's wishes and the prevailing gradient. The action is totally smooth, without bumps or jerks.

sa madaling salita, its smoother than the conventional A/T dahil nga sa infinite gears to pick from when accelerating and or decelerating. Dahil din po dito, mas magtatagal ang buhay ng A/T.

Taliwas sa 4-speed A/T and M/T na may katapusan ang gears. Mas maiintindihan ang gearing kung malalaman mo kung paano gumagana ang transmission.
    Last edited by Karding; June 3rd, 2004 at 02:29 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    same principle sa mga scooters (dio's, jog)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    sa madaling salita, its smoother than the conventional A/T dahil nga sa infinite gears to pick from when accelerating and or decelerating. Dahil din po dito, mas magtatagal ang buhay ng A/T.

Taliwas sa 4-speed A/T and M/T na may katapusan ang gears. Mas maiintindihan ang gearing kung malalaman mo kung paano gumagana ang transmission.
    Uy! nabuhay si Karding!!! musta na!
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Fenderbender yung Belt ng CVT ay as reliable din ata ng Chain or timing belt sa engine >>

Imagine pag nasira Timing belt ! >>
    Yung scooter ba e CVT rin>>

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede ba i-turbo ang may CVT?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are going to turbo a car... why get a CVT based tranny car in the first place?

Anyway, a CVT will handle a maximum amount of power... beyond that, the CVT's bands will slip and loose power, eventually break.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    adding more power to a fuel efficient transmission i guess...although combining turbo with fuel efficiency seems like a paradox

anyway, found the answer myself.. a cvt can handle turbos - i.e. audi's a4 1.8T has a cvt option
    Last edited by splukutum; June 10th, 2004 at 11:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a CVT will handle a turbo if the turbo came as a factory option.

BUT if you plan to upgrade your lancer CVT with a turbo, you might want to do a bit more research to see how much more power YOUR cvt will handle without breaking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CVTs