New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    may na learn ako before that the right driving position is that ... ur wrists should touch the wheel exactly and not the finger tips so as to not strain ur arms tapos un sa clutch naman... hindi dapat straight and leg pag naka press sa clutch fully.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yung mga malalapit sa wheel e yun mga baguhan at mga babae at yun mga malalabo na din ang mga mata.
    For me, pag car dala ko, yun seat ko e adjusted to a 130 degrees. Pag big cars 120 lang

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i agree with kyle618..

with ur back pressed against the seat, ideretso nyo yung arms over the top of the wheel...dapat maipatong nyo yung wrist on the top of the wheel. then hands at the 10-2 or 9-3 position, your arms should be bent by the elbow. by doing these, u can turn the wheel freely nang di sumasama yung katawan pag lumiliko..

sa paa naman..press the clutch (or brake in A/T's case) to the floor and ur knee should not be fully extended, dapat may konting bend sa knee.. pag kasi deretso yung legs mo pag tapak sa pedal, may tendency na sumama yung katawan mo lalo na pag biglang tapak. at pag kasamang gumalaw yung katawan, may tendency din na gumalaw yung kamay mo na may hawak sa manibela and this leads to.........BLAGGGGGG...
    Last edited by Elroi; March 19th, 2005 at 05:21 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    add ko lang...

make it a habit, always FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT kahit sa kabilang kanto lang ang punta mo... pati na din yung passenger mo...

for more correct driving tips, click the bottom left icon on my post...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    around mga 90-100 degrees...and exact lang na no extra stretching of arms and legs.

kakatakot yung mga nakadikit sa manibela, lalo na if it has and airbag.

and i wonder, *how* do those people drive with seats reclined almost down? or yung reclined yung seat totally down pero sitting up yung driver? wouldn't it negate the use of a seatbelt (if the driver was wearing one) kasi lilipad din siya around?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driving position ko ung mejo nakahiga ng onte. mga 75-80 degree siguro. basta comfortable pa rin ako. wala na pakealam sa pasahero sa likod kung masikip. hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako naman straight dapat kamay ko.. pus mejo naka slant konti lang. depende sa situation kung nagmamadali o cruising lang. hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Correct Driving Position (How do you drive)