New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather get the skyline gts (even if its not the GTR) or the 350Z.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A base model 2005 Celica? With drum brakes? Base model indicates 140hp or so, right, not the 180hp of the sports model?

At that price, a brand new Civic 2.0 MT is definitely quicker, safer (4 wheel discs, ABS, EBD, SRS Airbags, side airbags, etc... ) and a better buy.

Or if you prefer a coupe, a brand new Hyundai isn't very far off, and you can even try to get an MT on indent.

At 1.2 m, you'd hope they would have spent the money to get a US, Taiwanese or Korean market dashboard to make the conversion clean.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    At 1.2 m, you'd hope they would have spent the money to get a US, Taiwanese or Korean market dashboard to make the conversion clean.
    True, unlike the RHD-only Skyline GT-R, the Celicas were really manufactured with LHD versions, so components for the LHD version should be available.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not worth it for me.... kung E36 M3 yan, pwede pa!
    Last edited by ssaloon; May 29th, 2006 at 03:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    A base model 2005 Celica? With drum brakes? Base model indicates 140hp or so, right, not the 180hp of the sports model?
    yep rear drum brakes were a real turnoff on this goodlooking coupe..i may be wrong but i think the engine is similar to the 1.8 altis engine?

the interior is very bare..the only thing it has is the looks..very good looks hehe

how much does a base 2005 celica m/t cost pala?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    no for me, reminds me of those converted Integras na napapansin ko sa daan... ang liliit ng birada....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bimmer
    surplus euro lng pala ang worth it coz all CLKs, SLKs n Bimmers i saw are LHD..
    btw, kung galing Japan yan...talagang LHD yan pwera na lang kung UK...kase sa Japan, they have a law na bawal magconvert kung ano talaga ang format ng oto ganun talaga.... which is ironic thinking na tinatapon nila dito yung mga converted cars nila.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    No... perhaps it even has the 1ZZ-FE 1.8L engine that claims to have 148hp. It could have been a better deal if and only if it had the lighter 2AZ-GE engine, which has 180hp. But at P1.2M, that's a stinking no-brainer deal (I mean, it's not worth it).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    a second hand evo or STi would be a better choice for me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mas ok sana un 350z for 1.5m ... then il just have to converted properly by shipping the orig LHD dashboard atleast u get the VQ engine.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hintay lang konti tapos dagdag 700k may WRX na... kahit hindi STi ayos pa rin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is this Converted Celica worth it * 1.2M?