New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which sedan has good overall specs?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nissan Sentra Exalta

2 6.25%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer

3 9.38%
  • Toyota Altis

14 43.75%
  • Honda Civic

7 21.88%
  • Ford Lynx

6 18.75%
  • Chevrolet Optra

0 0%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hello Arpil,

I think for a little difference, if you have the budget, get the Lynx RS series. I think it's an improved version of the Lynx Ghia.

Isa pa, accdg. to my resourse, yung mga dati kong company drivers, Hindi daw maganda ang Chevrolet air-con.

Ton-Ton Gutierrez ( the actor ) daw owned an Optra. Well, wala pa daw 4months, me problema na ang air-con.

And lastly, Chevy car engine's and components are made in China. Kaya medyo...you know.

Kahit yung Chevrolet venture...okay ang makina, pero mahina ang air-con. At Nag-OoverHeat pa raw!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would opt for the lynx..tried and tested na..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by April_Ryan
    Addtional question: Considering that I'm a new driver and will be commuting from QC-Makati-QC everyday, would you recommend that I get the Lynx RS instead?
    The RS? Now your talking about a different breed of car! A 2.0L in a compact sedan? Nasty...

But considering that you are a new driver, I would recommend that you stick to a 1.6L engine for the meanwhile... believe me, the 1.6L engine of the Lynx is more than enough for your daily commute... just drop by at the protegetech website (click on my sig) if you decide to purchase one... we promise that we'll turn you into an enthusiast! :D

As for the Optra, am intrigued by its handsome rear but I really abhor its front grille... Am also unsure about the engine and handling as it is a Suzuki based car. Suzuki isn't that bad a brand but I'd rather stick with their bikes and SUVs. But if I were to choose form the current crop of compact sedans that we have in the market, this would be my second choice to the Lynx (in RS trim of course).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lynx. one complete package sya. dami pa aftermarket parts.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    malaki ba diperensya ng 1.6 n 2.0 fuel consumption?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    malaki ba diperensya ng 1.6 n 2.0 fuel consumption?

medyo. lets say a 1.6 car consumes an average of around 7 kms/liter. sa 2.0 car, it could average around 5 kms/liter.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    OT: happy_gilmore, ang baba pala noh? 7KM per litre lang?? city driving ba yan? un 1.8L na rav kaya P200 unleaded. manila, sa may malate to tagaytay... and back. how many KM un? 80 or so? 9++ Liter lang un 200 eh hehe pero nung nagpagas ako may laman pa konti. pero

btw, april_ryan how about VIOS? less fuel consumption pa

pero if sa dalwa lang..il go with the LYNX. masmatagal na sa market, masmaganda din para sakin. parang mas safe, mahaba

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lynx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    The RS? Now your talking about a different breed of car! A 2.0L in a compact sedan? Nasty...

But considering that you are a new driver, I would recommend that you stick to a 1.6L engine for the meanwhile... believe me, the 1.6L engine of the Lynx is more than enough for your daily commute... just drop by at the protegetech website (click on my sig) if you decide to purchase one... we promise that we'll turn you into an enthusiast! :D

eto nga nangyari sakin sa protegetech!!! hehehe :D
    As for the Optra, am intrigued by its handsome rear but I really abhor its front grille... Am also unsure about the engine and handling as it is a Suzuki based car.
    errr.. diba daewoo based car yung optra?? :confused:
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

hi all,

just realized that the civic 1.6 vti-s and the altis 1.6e are in the 750k range, as discounted.

my revised poll:

lynx ghia a/t 1.6 = 700k
    chevy optra a/t 1.6 = 675k
    civic vti-s a/t 1.6 = 755k
    altis 1.6e a/t = 752k

what do you think? i figure the extra 50k won't make much of a difference as it will be amortized over a 12-18 month period, so i will bite the bullet.

i'm not considering the other models (like the vios or the city) because i'm interested in the safety features like ABS and airbags. ok, i know the high end city has both, but i'm not too keen on its looks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Compact Sedan Comparo