New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^that crv hit the tree sideways, it collapsed the B pillar (no side or curtain airbags), kaya walang laban yung driver who worked at a call center. although kahit may side/curtain airbags mukhang labo pa rin since sobrang collapse yung doors and B pillar ng gen2 crv nya.

pag front impact ibang usapan siguro

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Collision with an object with infinite mass (like a tree, building post, or other reinforced structure) will definitely cause the most extensive kind of damage especially if it has a small profile like the tree trunk or a lamp post. A side impact against these is particularly dangerous because aside from what Bluebimmer posted, you do not have any safe crumple zones when it comes to side impacts.

I am not sure about Philippine version CRV's but I know some models are equipped with side impact beams which of course protects against this kind of mishap. Needless to say if the driver was at a high rate of speed the deceleration forces will be much greater than when hitting it at a lower speed. Side curtain airbags help protect both the head and upper body from contacting the other object (glass breaks). Front airbags only protect against frontal collisions, side curtain airbags protect against side impacts, which I don't think the CRV had.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    ...and with recent news that midsize and large suvs often involved in collisions with bigger trucks and even falling down the skyway (kenneth quintal incident), their drivers have always escape death.
    Bossing, yung jeep na nahulugan, diba large vehicle yun?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ syempre yung nabagsakan may mamatayan, pero yung bumagsak total wreck yung sasakyan pero buhay pa rin yung driver.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho compact cars are unsafe...but not because of anything inherently bad about them. when everybody else is driving SUVs unsafe talaga siya; the same way driving an SUV is unsafe when everybody else has a tank.

on the flipside, you you're safer in an SUV, you're bound to cause more harm to the cars around you when things go wrong.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if you are so used to driving taller SUV's like me, talagang paranoia to the max pag nag-drive kayo ng mini-car say my bro's Hyundai Getz. ni wala compartment sa likod eto, tapos walang abs airbags. pero I learned to adjust

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Hyundai Getz. ni wala compartment sa likod eto,
    Meron. Baka Picanto sinasabi mo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Going off on a tangent here ... I've been wondering if hatchbacks like the new Impreza are less safe than the sedan version -- and how much so?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Going off on a tangent here ... I've been wondering if hatchbacks like the new Impreza are less safe than the sedan version -- and how much so?
    Here's a few answers to your query

'08 Impreza Crash Test Rating IIHS

'08 Impreza Hatch Crash Test Rating NHTSA

'08 Impreza 4 dr Sedan Crash Test Rating NHTSA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was thinking more along the lines of rear-enders ... ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Compact cars unsafe?