New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What are your thoughts on clone cars? Trying hard ba? Ricey? Or is it perfectly fine since its paying homage to an original?

What about kit cars? Under what category do these fall under?

This is not limited to exotics and old school, Honda Sir look, Mitsu evo look and evo clones are included here too

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think they're perfectly fine. Much better than the original ones riced out.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Clones are fine as long as they try to be authentic as possible at least in the looks dept and most importantly NOT pass these off to unwary buyers as the real thing. Besides, sometimes its really difficult to drive the "real" thing here in this country bec. of the vehicle's value and rarity, coupled with so many "bad" elements lurking around in the streets.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Honestly, gusto ko ng kit car na Maranello! hehehe! Ilang linggo ko nang pinag-papantasyahan yun! hehehe! Naiisip kong donor car eh Supra. La lang.

Baduy daw kit car sabi ng tropa ko eh pero sabi nga ni number001 sa post nya:
    ...its really difficult to drive the "real" thing here in this country bec. of the vehicle's value and rarity, coupled with so many "bad" elements lurking around in the streets.
    That's the reason why gusto ko ng kit car. What do you guys think about this as well?

*chip - Mukang may balak ka bossing ah! hehehe! Share mo naman! Pero yung sa kin eh pure fantasy lang. La pera eh! hehehe!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta wag ricey yung dating, okay naman.

I've seen a decent Shelby Cobra replica. From the sound of the engine, I'd say it has a V8 in it to back it up.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i would'nt mind having a james dean "little bastard" porsche 550 spyder clone. one of my dream cars...... :drool:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Depende sa driver. Kung alam niya saan siya lulugar, no problem. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002

Here, the MR2 from Ferrari, or should I say F355 by Toyota?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post

Here, the MR2 from Ferrari, or should I say F355 by Toyota?
    Nice! Give away lang kse maikli and payat for a Ferrari, but still looks nice for me!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Any that purports to be something that it is not, is a wannabe. That MR2 made up to look like a Ferrari is one great example. An MR2 is a fine car as it is, why mutilate it too make it look like something its not? I've seen a Gen 1 MR2 mutilated to look like a Lamborghini Diablo . I've also seen a Honda S200 mutilated to look like an Aston Martin Vantage.

You can probably fool those who know nothing about cars, but anyone with even a basic knowledge of cars would not be fooled by it, so why bother.

Sure you can take a normal Lancer and body-kit it up to make it look like an Evo. But its nowhere near a real Evo and its still a crappy FWD with a crappy engine. Or you can take a normal Lancer, change the brakes/suspension/engine/ECU/seats/electricals/wheels/body kit/etc. so that it looks and moves like a real Evo but doing so costs so much, you'd be asked why you didn't just buy a real Evo in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Clone Cars- are they wannabes?